 Administrative / General / 11809
Re: Linking loc.fr and Freelug.general lists
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 25 Aug 2004 03:48:22 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Gael Frazier wrote:
Hi to all

FreeLUG is the French LUG and we have several mailing lists, some
reserved to our members. We have a public one for general purposes
which is freelug.general. It can be accessed by email or NNTP.

What we would like to achieve is to post all messages from
freelug.general to loc.fr and reverse. It will create
more traffic on both lists and allow us to share what's
happening in France with everyone ;)

The part loc.fr -> freelug is already done, but the problem
is freelug-> loc.fr especially the validation process.
Could we have an auto-validation ?
We already have a process to avoid loops.

We have noticed that http://news.lugnet.com/robotics/ is already
doing something similar to what we'd like to achieve.

I haven't contact the robotics admin but will do shortly
to understand how he does it.

I'm also the curator of loc.fr so the page will reflect the changes.

if you need to chat directly with us, we do have an IRC chan that
can also be accessed via the web.
server : irc.freenode.net
canal : #freelug and #freelug-ca for the "board"

My nick is Khan, and our admin is j1b.

web: http://www.freelug.org/
IRC web: http://www.freelug.info/cgi-bin/cgiirc/irc.cgi

I've circulated this to our internal list for discussion... I admit of some
minor misgivings, the robotics list linkup has resulted in some spam finding its
way onto LUGNET. I suspect that since you have much tighter control over who can
post to your list that may not be the case.