 Administrative / General / 11646
Re: Occasionally...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 29 May 2004 00:46:32 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
from .annnounce when posting there)

If there is no error message other than the "0 not accepted" it is not your
error, everything about your post is probably fine. What it actually means is
that the server is teetering on the edge of being too busy (once it goes fully
busy, all accesses, including just viewing any URL, return the "server busy try
again later" page)

I forgot to say... if this happens to you, grab the text into a notepad so you
don't lose it, change a character of it so that the preview button lights up
again, and re-preview it. Or just hit submit again. For whatever reason I have
better luck if I re-preview but that could just be superstition.

If the teeter totters and you get "server busy" you've got the text saved away,
try posting later.

If you get the "0 not accepted" again, repeat the cycle but this time wait 2-3
min before pressing submit again.

That works for me.