 Administrative / General / 11110 (-20)
  Re: Problems with "lugnet.announce.bricklink"

(...) I think you're right, James. I belived this newsgroup was made for all people who owned a store on BrickLink, but there is only one post (of Dan Jezek)... I didn't saw it before... Thank you very much! Luca (21 years ago, 4-Oct-03, to lugnet.loc.it, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Problems with "lugnet.announce.bricklink"

(...) I believe it is because the announce.bricklink group is only for posting official announcements from Bricklink itself, so posting has been restricted to people who represent Bricklink; currently only Dan Jezek, unless I'm mistaken. hope that (...) (21 years ago, 4-Oct-03, to lugnet.loc.it, lugnet.admin.general)

  Problems with "lugnet.announce.bricklink"

(...) WHY??? (...) Ok, see what's going wrong... (...) Yes! (...) Yes! I received it! (...) Sure! Can someone say me why do I receive such answer, when I try to post a message in those forum?? Hope someone can help me! Best regards, Luca Giannitti (21 years ago, 4-Oct-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: admin change

(...) We had this issue at BZPower and finally found a decent roost through a reseller named Easy Host Solutions. BZP has a dedicated Linux server which is just about keeping up (although the site is graphically much more intense than Lugnet, so (...) (21 years ago, 3-Oct-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Password reset request (Getting bored of this yet :-)

Todd, Gad to see that you're getting more publicly involved again! By the way, I use (URL) for my site and they are very reasonable and reliable. Also (URL) has a great reputation but they are a bit pricey. Anyways, I'm member #715 and I have only (...) (21 years ago, 3-Oct-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: admin change

(...) (or more, as you choose and as you feel you've used up more bandwidth) (...) I'd argue that LUGNET is profoundly commercial, in that it was intended to be a livelihood at one point. (21 years ago, 2-Oct-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: admin change

(...) Well, I certainly do forget a lot. (21 years ago, 2-Oct-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: admin change

(...) For only $50/month you can have a colo box at (URL) but it wouldn't be able to be used for commercial endeavors. Since I think the only commercial aspect to Lugnet is the Amazon and similar links, that is probably OK. They also do hosting on (...) (21 years ago, 1-Oct-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: admin change

(...) I would like to also give a big thank you to Suz for the great support she has been to us, and for co-creating LUGNet. I know I have been mostly in the Lurker status for the past 8 months, but I have still enjoyed what LUGNet has to offer, and (...) (21 years ago, 1-Oct-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: admin change

<<snip>> (...) I can do this on GMT-time if the requests are posted to either a SPAM-free e-mail adress (yeah, right) or a newsgroup (don't know how this works since I have not needed it myself - *knock on wood*). <<snip>> (...) I'm afraid that (...) (21 years ago, 1-Oct-03, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: admin change

<<snipp> (...) Indeed. And that I have become. I have updated the subpages of CLSotW and awaits: (...) ...but as I have said before and still claim, there is no rush Todd! Do it when you have time, don't do Lugnet work on NWBrickCon unless you feel (...) (21 years ago, 1-Oct-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: admin change

Two things. First, a huge thank you to Suzanne for all the work you have done on this site. Along with a very small number of sites (Brickshelf in particular) Lugnet has helped turn us all from individual hobbyists into a true community. So we all (...) (21 years ago, 30-Sep-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: admin change

(...) Thanks, Lar. [blushing] If my work can be called remarkable, yours is downright stupefying! (...) Indeed! After two years of storage, my LEGO, DUPLO, DACTA, and Belville are finally coming out. It all looks so yummie! There are some very cool (...) (21 years ago, 30-Sep-03, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.people)

  Re: admin change

(...) Suz, your absence in the admin end of things here will be sorely missed! Your contributions to LUGNET (and to the overall growth of the hobby over the years) have been nothing short of truly remarkable. But one kind of loss is sometimes (...) (21 years ago, 30-Sep-03, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general)

  Re: admin change

[oops, reposting -- I accidentally posted the first reply in lugnet.general] A quick follow-up and then I have to go pack for NWBrickCon. I love this role -- but it's very time-consuming. Consequently, whenever I've walked in these shoes in the (...) (21 years ago, 30-Sep-03, to lugnet.admin.general) !!

  admin change

Hi All! As I mentioned at BrickFest in August, I'm retiring from my position as a LUGNET administrator. I'll still be around as an AFOL, but am not receiving LUGNET's admin e-mail. Please direct questions to Todd. thanks, Suz (21 years ago, 30-Sep-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.admin.general) !!

  visit the new populair lego website

visit the new populair lego website || ||(URL) (21 years ago, 30-Sep-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: News/Discussion Group Traffic (Sun 28 Sep 2003)

(...) These are the lowest numbers I can recall seeing in a very very long time. It seems clear to me that things still are awry. (21 years ago, 28-Sep-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Password Reset Request

Hi Todd - I have another password reset request, this one's been waiting several months. Tom Dickson - LUGNET #1966 Thanks!! -Tim (21 years ago, 28-Sep-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: How to change what the news server thinks my email is?

(...) me a statement to the effect that the form was not filled in properly when I know it, in fact, has been filled in correctly. It further tells me to go back a page and to keep resubmitting. Obviously, you have many things on your plate at the (...) (21 years ago, 26-Sep-03, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact