 Administrative / General / 10935 (-20)
  Re: New World LUG Map demo

(...) No it actually works in Safari, Mozilla, Chimera and probably Opera as well. There's probably an SVG plug-in for recent Netscape releases too. I think there are about 20 vendors supplying SVG plug-ins. Some of the more recent browsers are (...) (21 years ago, 23-Apr-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: New World LUG Map demo

I find these two conflicting posts very conflicting: (URL) is it? Does this technology work with IE only as Bill says? Or does it work with multiple browsers on multiple platforms as Dave says? I ask mostly because I'm curious. (21 years ago, 23-Apr-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: New World LUG Map demo

Todd, thank you for creating such a wonderful project that isn't dependent upon using a specific browser in order to view the content as it is presented. That's been a BIG beef I've had with many Lego-related sites which force you to view them in (...) (21 years ago, 23-Apr-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: New World LUG Map demo

This seems to require Internet Exploiter. Please stick to technologies that are platform-independent. (21 years ago, 22-Apr-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Question about CLSOTW April 13-19, 2003

(...) Hi Mark, Good question. The polling mechanism doesn't have an automatic shut-off feature yet, so whatever site was in the lead when Tobbe did the writeup was that week's pick. If people continue to fill out the poll after the disclosure time (...) (21 years ago, 19-Apr-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Question about CLSOTW April 13-19, 2003

I see rtlToronto got the award for CLSOTW for April 13-19, 2003. but according to the poll BZPower won: (URL) site would you like to see selected as next week’s Cool LEGO Site of the Week? (April 13-19, 2003) Average list position (ranked from 1 to (...) (21 years ago, 19-Apr-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  spam blocking

I noticed that the email addresses showing on posts are now spam-blocked. My first reaction was "thank you, Thank You, THANK YOU", but then I noticed the spam-block part was on the left side of the '@', i.e. not part of the domain name. This is a (...) (21 years ago, 17-Apr-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Strange event

(...) It's both. It's normal in that the robotics group is shared with an external mailing list, and people on mailing lists sometimes forget to suspend their subscription to the list while away on holidays. It's a problem in that people on mailing (...) (21 years ago, 17-Apr-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Strange event

I just posted to robotics (replying to: Is there any interest in a tiny scout-like brick?) and after confirming and positing. I have received two emails with " Is there any interest in a tiny scout-like brick?" as part of the subject line. Theses (...) (21 years ago, 17-Apr-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Holy Nospammery!

(...) Todd you are awesome! Cheers, - jsproat (21 years ago, 15-Apr-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: New World LUG Map demo

(...) Don't know if this always works, but it seems fairly reproducible to me: once you can't zoom any further, if you click on a country and move your mouse off that country (eg: to a neighbouring one) before the page updates, one of them will be (...) (21 years ago, 14-Apr-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Holy Nospammery!

"Tim Courtney" <tim@zacktron.com> wrote in message news:HDArH7.Bsr@lugnet.com... (...) it (...) This is sooo...ooo cool. Thank you Todd!! [ j o n ] -- (URL) (21 years ago, 14-Apr-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: New World LUG Map demo

(...) I've seen that a couple of times too. I didn't see a pattern to the behavior. :-( It's either a bug in the viewer or a bug in my mouseover code. It's pretty ugly, isn't it. --Todd (21 years ago, 14-Apr-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: New World LUG Map demo

(...) If you zoom in on a country, like here: (URL) my browser, the selected (white) country appears black when you mouse over the text of a LUG, or when you mouse out of the country. Is this a known bug? I just updated my SVG viewer. -Tim (21 years ago, 14-Apr-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: New World LUG Map demo

(...) BTW, I definitely know for-sure how to do this now in SVG. It's pretty easy using <a xlink:href></a> tagging. I'm still running a lot of the underlying data from icky flat textfiles, though, and haven't added group/event URLs into the data (...) (21 years ago, 14-Apr-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: New World LUG Map demo

A quick progress update... (...) I just put up version 0.5 tonight, which should also be considered "alpha" quality. (...) I took a stab at this today and I don't like the results. Mainly, I haven't figured out yet how to load a target URL into the (...) (21 years ago, 14-Apr-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: New World LUG Map demo

(...) Simon, Sorry I missed the target on this yesterday. If you go to the map maker tool at the original URL, it now tells you three things below the map: (1) HTML code if you want to embed the map on an off-site web page; (2) the raw URL of the (...) (21 years ago, 14-Apr-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Monkeypede

(...) Ok -- Steve Bliss ICQ'ed me and suggested trying L3Lab's Register File Types option to settle the MIME-types. Win2K doesn't allow you to manually edit the MIME-types through the interface, and I forget how to do it in the registry. So, I try (...) (21 years ago, 14-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Holy Nospammery!

(...) LOL indeed! Here's a neat one that just sneaked in .... 8?) Mark Sandlin <{sandlin@}Spamcake{...link.com}> (...) (21 years ago, 14-Apr-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Holy Nospammery!

(...) For sure! Thanks Todd! :-) -Tim (21 years ago, 13-Apr-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact