 Administrative / General / 10880 (-20)
  Re: Virus spam from Kim Brodie targetting LUGNET members?

(...) I'll look into it. (...) Yeah, I figured :\ It is also on the BrickMedia website. When I set up a new personal site at a new domain later this year, I won't publish the email at all on the web. Instead, I'll set up a contact form on the site (...) (21 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Virus spam from Kim Brodie targetting LUGNET members?

(...) I've been using spamassassin (woo, free!) for a while now, and it has been catching these (and almost all other) spam. (...) and now you'll get more - you post the email address on the web, trust me, something will harvest it. (21 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Virus spam from Kim Brodie targetting LUGNET members?

(...) I've been getting them for some time too. My server admin is busy installing some spam blocking software, but I don't know if it will block that. I've set up several filter rules for this crap, though. I purchased SpamKiller before McAfee (...) (21 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Virus spam from Kim Brodie targetting LUGNET members?

<snip> The thing that pisses me of is the subject keeps changing every so often so an email rule only lasts so long. Maybe it really is a patch and it will make my PC work even better. ;-) Does anybody know what virus is in these emails? I just keep (...) (21 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Virus spam from Kim Brodie targetting LUGNET members?

Heya y'all, I don't know if this is old news or not, but a LUGNET search on "brodie" turned up 0 results. OTOH, it seems there was some discussion about 2 weeks back about a virus email hitting .space and .castle users... Anyway, for about a month (...) (21 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general)

  Todd Lehman's brain

We've gone mad, some might say, to do a LEGO Picture Captionning about Todd Lehman's Brain (picture sent by Paul Sinasohn), but the picture is simply too hilarious ! www.rotule.qc.ca/humor/ Todd is, from our experience with him and by reading the (...) (22 years ago, 5-Apr-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.galidor) !!

  Re: Lego Superhero Comic Book

(...) Very to the point, Todd. Thanks. Personally, (and really not trying to stir up the pot), but Jesse's comments aren't really appropriate to .Town forum. I think they belong maybe in Lugnet.Publish or in Lugnet.Off-Topic.Debate, but not Town, (...) (22 years ago, 3-Apr-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Lego Superhero Comic Book

(...) Jesse, The use of internet discussion sites such as this one to share your viewpoints is actually a privilege rather than a right. Please keep that in mind when you post. Thanks. Now back to your regularly scheduled .town discussion. --Todd (22 years ago, 3-Apr-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Lego Superhero Comic Book

(...) Jesse: Clean up your act immediately or you're out. --Todd (22 years ago, 3-Apr-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: delays in membership activation

Thanks. My E-mail address has been changed! Jaco "LUGNET Admin" <suz@lugnet.com> schreef in bericht news:HCECH5.1ypt@lugnet.com... (...) (22 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: New World LUG Map demo

(...) (URL) Currently the program is pretty basic (it only supports ArcInfo Ungenerate files). I've copied the code and modified it a bit to do several different map projections. Todd, If you remember where you got the country data from, will you (...) (22 years ago, 30-Mar-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: New World LUG Map demo

In lugnet.announce, Todd Lehman writes: This is fantastic stuff Todd, well done and thanks. Most of my comments have already been covered by others but... (...) And often utterly bonkers... last time I was in Berks and Hants I didn't find anywhere (...) (22 years ago, 28-Mar-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: New World LUG Map demo

Hi Todd, (...) I'm happy that you point that two OS. I've tried to have SVG working under Linux RedHat 7.3 and Mozilla 1.0.1 without success. The plugins that are on Adobe web page are from 2001 and have been developped for Mozilla 0.99 and they (...) (22 years ago, 28-Mar-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: New World LUG Map demo

Many years ago (maybe 1986) I wrote some of the simple projection routines for a little mapping project.. I think it was some sort of independent study. While I was unaware of the Free BSD and linux issues, I wasn't intending to propose ArcView due (...) (22 years ago, 28-Mar-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: New World LUG Map demo

(...) Got the idea from this page (URL) that uses some nifty javascript to do something similar. ROSCO (22 years ago, 28-Mar-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: New World LUG Map demo

(...) mmm, good idea. I wonder if I could get it to just fill in the form fields based on the viewport. If you zoom in (Command-click on Mac, Ctrl-click on Windows) or pan (Option-drag on Mac, Shift-drag on Windows), then the viewport changes. I bet (...) (22 years ago, 28-Mar-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: New World LUG Map demo

(...) A public domain ESRI .e00 file from GRID or NOAA, I forget which. (...) ya (...) I realize how popular ArcView is, but I avoided it because I need things to run on Linux and FreeBSD (and also because of licensing issues, since it's a (...) (22 years ago, 28-Mar-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: New World LUG Map demo

(...) Pretty neat for an alpha version 8?) Any chance you could set it up to fill in the lat/long values by clicking a point on the map? ROSCO (22 years ago, 27-Mar-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: New World LUG Map demo

"Adrian Drake" <tremor@apk.net> skrev i meddelandet news:HCEwID.1EFv@lugnet.com... (...) It worked for me on Win2000 (Administrator rights). -- Anders Isaksson, Sweden BlockCAD: (2 URLs) (22 years ago, 27-Mar-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: New World LUG Map demo

Todd, A few questions and comments. - What is your source for the country polygons? - You are coding all the map generation? You have your own code writing the SVG? I have been recently working with a program called SVGMapper. Well, it's an (...) (22 years ago, 27-Mar-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact