 Administrative / General / 10870
Re: New World LUG Map demo
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 30 Mar 2003 09:28:11 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Ken Koleda writes:
I have been recently working with a program called SVGMapper.  Well, it's an
extension really.. an extension to ArcView from ESRI.

Here is a test sample:
http://rougeriver.com/svgmaps/cso_comp/map.htm

I've been playing around with an open-source program from
http://citizencomputing.org/mapmakers.asp.  Currently the program is pretty
basic (it only supports ArcInfo Ungenerate files).  I've copied the code and
modified it a bit to do several different map projections.

Todd,

If you remember where you got the country data from, will you please post a
link?  I've been using data from Penn State's site:
http://www.maproom.psu.edu/dcw/ but unfortunately that data is too high
resolution to use for world maps. The resulting svg files end up being huge
(several megs).

Andy Westrate