 Administrative / General / 10878
Re: Virus spam from Kim Brodie targetting LUGNET members?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 2003 17:48:30 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Jude Beaudin writes:
<snip>

The thing that pisses me of is the subject keeps changing every so often so
an email rule only lasts so long. Maybe it really is a patch and it will
make my PC work even better. ;-)

Does anybody know what virus is in these emails? I just keep deleting them
as they keep coming.

I've been getting them for some time too. My server admin is busy installing
some spam blocking software, but I don't know if it will block that. I've
set up several filter rules for this crap, though.

I purchased SpamKiller before McAfee bought them, but lost my registration
code :( So I've been deleting spam manually since then. I should call them
and see if they have me on record and if they can send me a new code.

I'm very discouraged with spam. I haven't registered my tim@brickmedia.com
address _anywhere_ and still receive spam.

1.  My inner conspiracy theorist kicks in at this point, and shouts the
undeniable reality that this is yet another doofus move by Matt Moulton.
After a brief struggle, my inner consipiracy theorist has been hogtied and
stuffed into the fridge.  The world is once again saved.

The only thing I have to say to that is: Pot, Kettle, Black!!![1]

Jude

1. anyone needing an explanation can ask Tim Courtney ;-)

ROFL!

Seems like I'm just a lightning rod for irrational, insane attackers of the
community. Ahh well.

-Tim