 Administrative / General / 10883
Re: Virus spam from Kim Brodie targetting LUGNET members?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 2003 19:34:44 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Jude Beaudin writes:
<snip>

The thing that pisses me of is the subject keeps changing every so often so
an email rule only lasts so long. Maybe it really is a patch and it will
make my PC work even better. ;-)

Does anybody know what virus is in these emails? I just keep deleting them
as they keep coming.

I extracted one of those files a couple weeks back and scanned it.
It is: Win32.Gibe.B worm.
I've had probably a dozen emails with similar LUGNET lists of recipients,
but from several different sources.
Play well.

Tim Strutt