 Administrative / General / 10480 (-10)
  Re: I am getting sick of this ...

(...) Yes, it does. The most relevant matches are listed first -- for each part, the keywords that matched are listed in red. (...) I don't think that part is in Partsref yet. (...) When I did this search, the first part listed was the only part (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  I am getting sick of this ...

Whenever I go to search for a part in partsref, it never sorts the matches by most relevant/least relevant etc. It just lists them in whatever order it finds them. E.G. Brick 1 x 4 with side studs as used in a space airlock door MOC recently. I (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: why no ".dat" email digests?...

(...) Todd and/or Suz, If this is so --(Is it?)-- then I'd like to have a feature added to the email subscriptions page, whereby I can _choose_ to subscribe to a group _and_ all of its subgroups as one digest... Please? Thanks, Franklin (22 years ago, 25-Jun-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Suz Q&A was:[Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?]

(...) Why are all these kinds posts in lugnet.lego.direct? Does anyone expect Lego Direct to comment here? (or in similar posts). Of the groups that I follow, and I only follow a few (.trains, .trains.org, .cad.mlcad, and .cad.dev.mac), this is one (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jun-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: why no ".dat" email digests?...

(...) (not Suz or Todd, but...) Steve has the right of it. I'm e-mail subscribed to loc.ca, but I do not see any messages in any of the various loc.ca.foo groups. This is IMO, a good thing. thanks, James (22 years ago, 24-Jun-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: why no ".dat" email digests?...

(...) That's weird, I was thinking it's the exact _opposite_. (In fact, I've arranged my subscriptions based on this premise, that I need only the upper-level groups, that the lower-level groups will be included...) Suz, Todd, which way is correct? (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jun-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  message authentication

Hi! After posting several messages recently, it became obvious to me that the "dreaded authentication process" was actually quite painless. Simple. Easy, in fact. The (relatively) new system with a web link in the authentication email really (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jun-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: why no ".dat" email digests?...

(...) Because 'lugnet.cad.dat' is retired, inactive, no-longer-in-existence. Unless I misunderstand news-by-mail, you only get messages for groups you specifically subscribe to, not all the subgroups under the specific groups. Steve (22 years ago, 24-Jun-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  subscription page won't remember my confirmation code...

I'm a member of LUGNet ("(URL) I'm usually "signed in" on my parent's PC (i.e., LUGNet remembers my member ID and password). And yet, LUGNet does _not_ remember my "confirmation code" on the "Subscriptions" page ("(URL) (22 years ago, 23-Jun-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  why no ".dat" email digests?...

I've tried getting "lugnet.cad.dat" via email (digest) on the "Subscriptions" page ("(URL) I've _never_ gotten any messages for ".dat"... Why? Thanks, Franklin (22 years ago, 23-Jun-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact