 Administrative / General / 10479
10478  |  10480
Subject:
I am getting sick of this ...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 01:22:42 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Whenever I go to search for a part in partsref, it never sorts the matches
by most relevant/least relevant etc.  It just lists them in whatever order
it finds them.

E.G.  Brick 1 x 4 with side studs as used in a space airlock door MOC
recently.  I tried a search using the keywords 'brick side studs' (no
quotes).

Unfortunately the search engine brings back *everything* with brick OR side
OR studs in it, and not in any particular order!

Can this be fixed, and soon?  This is making me sick of paging through
results 20 by 20 all the time!  It would be nice for me to know if I could
use capitalized operation keywords like "AND" or "OR" or even "NOT" - I
don't know though if this is possible with the lugnet search function?  Or
perhaps default to or, with a + sign next to a word meaning INCLUDE matches
with this word, - sign meaning EXCLUDE matches with this word.

--
Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde