 Administrative / General / 10439
  Re: a few new things

(...) This looks really interesting. Is this intended to be a print mag? Or an e-zine? Either way, it looks very exciting. (...) It looks so very corporate. The design is almost too snazy. The clean lines, the co-ordinated colors. All very high (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jun-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: a few new things

(...) How can someone take such a statement the wrong way? As far as I can tell, you are advocating BAD DESIGN as something that will somehow benefit new users -- in which case, I have to strongly disagree. Good design choices are to everyone's (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jun-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: a few new things

(...) Ooops, sorry...... didn't mean to give that impression. There's nothing wrong with good design; quite the contrary. I was simply trying to suggest that the design I saw there appeared somewhat too business-like. Perhaps I can clarify with (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jun-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: a few new things

Well, I don't want to come off as overly combative on this issue but I think Suz's design was fine and absolutely heading in the right direction. Keep in mind that the screen shot she posted first was a screen shot of her whole screen (the browser, (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jun-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: a few new things

(...) I think it was a fine design. I was simply offering an opinion from a different point of view. I took from her original post that she was showing the mock-up in case anyone wanted to offer an opinion. I'm not sure she was actively soliciting (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jun-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: a few new things

<snipped> This is truely an interesting subject. Can a fan related site become too professional? I feel not, because the things that make commercial sites look so much like commercial sites are the adds, the cluttered look and the flashy elements. (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jun-02, to lugnet.admin.general)