 Administrative / General / 10410 (-20)
  Re: Service Packs: Space, Technic, Train, Town, etc

To: Scott A. and Larry P. and anyone else who cares: All right, I am saying this once, and you can fight among yourselves about it. I wish this was totally off LUGNET, and I wish you two would stop this unending, uneeded, feud you two seem to love (...) (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Service Packs: Space, Technic, Train, Town, etc

What's truly sad about this is that there are cheaper ways in getting garage door parts....like this one: (URL) US for the Whole fire hall, and not a cheesy one either, one of the best City Fire Stations Lego has put out, the 6571 Flame Fighters. (...) (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Service Packs: Space, Technic, Train, Town, etc

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Scott Arthur writes: <snip> It's rather ironic that you say "take it to email" after YOU hijack my thread. I did not respond to yours, you responded to mine... what prevented you from sending me an email at that (...) (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Help Please Links! -----> .Mecha

(...) So what else is new? (...) Really? Wow, I hadn't noticed! (...) That's my solution as well. What you are suggesting is only possible IF the request to curate gets answered, which it never was on multiple occasions by more than one person. (...) (22 years ago, 9-May-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Criticism of LUGNET's homepage (was: Re: newsticker)

(...) I don't want anyone to think I forgot about this.. the homepage came within hours of getting updated, when I had a major change of plans for it. I didn't expect the new format to take as long as it has, and I now wish I had just made some (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Help Please Links! -----> .Mecha

(...) How is this on topic for off-topic.debate? I gave you some pretty good advice on how to proceed (get a curator, by convincing someone to volunteer, or at least set up a links page yourself) as well as some constructive feedback, and your (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: MOC Starship Intrepid

(...) Yes. It'll be taken care of shortly. -Suz (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: SPAM from Lugnet

(...) yah, I got it, and reported it promptly to spamcop... (...) while I'd like to do that, I'm not sure we can... are we ready to say to random web users "you can post, but you can't see who you're replying to"? guess the email is only needed if (...) (22 years ago, 6-May-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  SPAM from Lugnet

Hello, I'm sorry to report that today I recieved spam from someone that harvested my address from Lugnet. This is a first for me (via Lugnet) and I'd like to know what we can do to prevent it from happening again. I'm sure that it's from Lugnet (...) (22 years ago, 6-May-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: MOC Starship Intrepid

Should lugnet.announce.brickshelf have restricted posting? Is there anyone besides Kevin who would ever have a valid reason to post? Note that the referenced post really belonged in lugnet.announce.moc. Frank (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Request for new group .build.sci-fi

(...) Let me second both points. On the 2nd point, please see the discussion about lugnet.build.fantasy for my thoughts. Frank (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Request for new group .build.sci-fi

(...) If this is a serious request, please consider calling it .build.sf or else build.science-fiction.... thanks. Not sure that this new group would be needed though. (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: How is NNTP, SMTP and HTTP integrated on Lugnet?

(...) the way it works here is there's an NNTP server, and custom built SMTP and HTTP interfaces to it. It's all custom code written by Todd... You'd have to ask him about access to it though. :) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Request for new group .build.sci-fi

(...) X-post: lugnet.admin.general FUT: lugnet.admin.general If that's not the right place either please change it. This is a suggestion I've been thinking about, mostly since I want to build MOC's from the 5th element (probably wont for a year or (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.fun, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: How is NNTP, SMTP and HTTP integrated on Lugnet?

(...) Try Web Crossing: (URL) software offers the triple interface (SMPT,HTTP,NNTP) and is customizable. Licenses range from $0 on up. -Rob. (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  How is NNTP, SMTP and HTTP integrated on Lugnet?

Here on Lugnet, we have the freedom to choose if we want to post messages through NNTP, SMTP or HTTP? How is the integration of these three protocols implemented. Is the software that implements this integration available for others to use? Several (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Plurals of words does not bring back a match.

(...) By default, Partsref does full-word matches (as you noticed). You can get around this by tagging one, some or all of your search terms with asterisks (*). In this case, you might have searched for 'rocket*'. There is a brief help page for (...) (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Plurals of words does not bring back a match.

I was looking for the 3963 Space Positioning Rockets on the lugnet guide, but couldn't find them until I looked up the Space category itself. I tried rocket (singular of rockets) but that didn't bring back a match. Is there a way to get the lugnet (...) (22 years ago, 27-Apr-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: NNTP Posting setup (was Re: SOS. Lugnet member... )

(...) Ok. The heads-up is done, and now so is the re-submit. Sorry for the trouble. -JDF (22 years ago, 23-Apr-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: NNTP Posting setup (was Re: SOS. Lugnet member... )

(...) It's because the True E-mail address is different from the News E-mail address. Spamblocks are allowed, but in this case the True E-mail address isn't apparent given the spamblocked version. On the other hand, if mail addressed to (...) (22 years ago, 23-Apr-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact