 Administrative / General / 10398
Re: How is NNTP, SMTP and HTTP integrated on Lugnet?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 3 May 2002 20:20:24 GMT

On Fri, May 03, 2002 at 12:46:28PM +0000, Jacob Sparre Andersen wrote:
Here on Lugnet, we have the freedom to choose if we want to post
messages through NNTP, SMTP or HTTP? How is the integration of
these three protocols implemented. Is the software that implements
this integration available for others to use?

Several members of our local Linux user group (Skåne Sjælland
Linux User Group) has asked if we can extend our rather primitive
NNTP-SMTP integration with a possibility for posting messages
through a web interface, and I would like to avoid duplicating a
lot of work.

the way it works here is there's an NNTP server, and custom built SMTP
and HTTP interfaces to it.  It's all custom code written by Todd...
You'd have to ask him about access to it though.

:)

--
Dan Boger
dan@peeron.com