 Administrative / General / 10305 (-20)
  Re: What happened to the Cool site of the Week?

In lugnet.general, Matt Hein writes: [...] (...) [...] The accurate answer to your question is this: As some of you know, Todd Lehman, who's project CLSOTW was, lost enthusiasm for working with the AFOL community about a year ago. He continued to (...) (23 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general) !

  Re: What happened to the Cool site of the Week?

(...) Yes, I'd say a LOT is missing from Lugnet's home page. Everything is out of date and, IMO, generally doesn't really represent Lugnet very well. Let me be specific. I'll start at the top and go down: --- Links. While at one time "Everything (...) (23 years ago, 9-Mar-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.admin.general) !

  Re: Question about Location on profile

(...) the only way right now is to send a mail to admin@lugnet.com, giving your member number, and your new address. One day we'll add a web interface for this field. Dan (23 years ago, 8-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Canceling posts?

"Farlie A" <alex_farlie@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GsB1LE.1MF@lugnet.com... (...) It IS possible to cancel your own posts using a newsreader. I recently tested this out in off-topic-test and was successful. Here is the link --> (URL) (...) (23 years ago, 7-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Question about Location on profile

(...) I am in the same boat, having moved from TX to CO. Anyone know the method for tweaking the state flag? I also saw a listing of members by state, and it shows me still in TX. Thanks, Steve (23 years ago, 6-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Jedi Starfighter "Fight" mode?

(...) I can't make it work from the web, either. It appears that the trailing space character is important, but the web interface strips out trailing blanks. I seem to remember that some people (Mac users, I think) *could* insert some special (...) (23 years ago, 6-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Jedi Starfighter "Fight" mode?

(...) How are you posting? I cannot get it to work when posting from the Web. :-( (...) I did warn you, it was part of the example <g> (...) Jude XFUT .admin.general (23 years ago, 6-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Wrong email address displayed

(...) yes, you need to go through this form again: (URL) (23 years ago, 6-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Wrong email address displayed

Hello, I have changed my email address on my memeber page, but my old email address shows up when I post a message. Do I need to change it elsewhere? TIA, Robert Powell rpowell@soundvet.com (23 years ago, 6-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Meta discussion about guidance

(...) No human endeavor calls for more tact than telling someone they've done wrong. The flak you get over being a net.cop probably stems more from this than from any other apsect of the situation. In the vast majority of cases, people believe they (...) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Bricks in my Pocket (BimP)

As you may have seen in previous posts by myself and other contributors, I have created a Mazingo e-journal for Advanced LEGO Builders. Mazingo is used to sync content from BimP to their PocketPCs and allows them to carry current news, reviews, (...) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Meta discussion about guidance

(...) First of all, I think that no followup would be needed most of the time because consensus would typically agree with the original guidance provider. I think. Then, if the followup note had FUT set back to xxx then even if there was resultant (...) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Meta discussion about guidance

(...) The first bit of guidance, 'That reply (or topic) is off-topic for this newsgroup. Perhaps this thread should be taken elsewhere (or to specific group) for further discussion.' I feel we don't need a disclaimer for the first guiding post. In (...) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Flaming about guidance given

In lugnet.admin.general, David Koudys writes: <snip> (...) NM above stuff, for Larry posted an awesome response here: (URL) please disregard Daveisms above. Dave (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Meta discussion about guidance

Just closing one particular loop: (...) Quoting from the post sending it here: "Unless you think you get a special pass on this for some reason. Take it up with the admins since my guidance has failed." This was VERY poorly worded on my part. It (...) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Meta discussion about guidance

Rearranging with no intent to harm: (...) OK. I think I agree with you because the issue of keeping the NG 'clean' is the motivation - as long as a dissenting opinion is encouraged to follow the guidance off-group eventually. (...) Great. I think (...) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Meta discussion about guidance

(...) Absolutely. Consensus arrives by discussion and that should not be done in a theme group. (...) This is a very good idea. New admin group for discussion of policies and principles, where .admin.general posts concerning the 'hashing' out of (...) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Meta discussion about guidance

(...) Rather than my usual intersperse, I'll just provide my current thoughts on the subject. I sort of disagree that there is no difference between guidance and discussion of guidance. Basically I think there's a point at where things have veered (...) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Flaming about guidance given

(...) I'll connect the dots here, to make it as clear and concise as possible. The topic, in this specific case, was when should issues such as this get bumped to .admin. My issue had *nothing* to do with gentle guidance. I've said it before and (...) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Porthole alternative

I'm disagreeing with Larry here on some specific points, but I hope it's clear that at root, I agree with his stance on community guidance. It's something we need, even if our process needs refinement... (...) Larry, he was originally being friendly (...) (23 years ago, 3-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact