 Administrative / General / 10295
10294  |  10296
Subject:
Bricks in my Pocket (BimP)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 22:22:31 GMT

As you may have seen in previous posts by myself and other contributors, I
have created a Mazingo e-journal for Advanced LEGO Builders.  Mazingo is
used to sync content from BimP to their PocketPCs and allows them to carry
current news, reviews, models, and articles in their palm.  I am presently
creating a PC interface to the content so that users without a PocketPC can
also review the content.

The secondary intent of BimP is to create a professional online journal for
advanced LEGO builders.  The content is written by various contributors and
as we grow I will be developing a peer review process to ensure a higher
standard of quality and to allow the contributors to use this material as
part of their professional development if they so choose (i.e. educators can
use the journal for their tenure and promotion portfolio, employees can use
the journal for their annual review requirements, etc.)

I was wondering if LUGNET would consider posting a permenant link to BimP or
creating a separate area to facilitate the distribution of information and
the peer-review process.  I would of course leave the placement of this area
to you, however I would prefer to have an area in the Announcements section
where I could notify the LUGNET community of new original BimP only
material, post responses about the content, and finally assist in soliciting
readers for contributions.  This is a non-profit, Charityware project and
the support LUGNET can offer BimP will ensure that the community has a
professional and technical journal.

Steven B. Combs, Editor
Bricks in my Pocket (BimP)
http://www.bricksinmypocket.org