 Administrative / General / 10100 (-10)
  Re: Community Policing is a Good Thing(TM) (Was: Re: Do you think there is a market)

"David Koudys" <dkoudys@redeemer.on.ca> wrote in message news:GqIEps.3H6@lugnet.com... (...) over. If that's what you think of the people (including myself) who are doing the policing, you don't know us well enough. I certainly don't scour LUGNET (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

David Koudys wrote in message ... (...) of (...) all (...) Disclaimer: I am not in any way an admin, just a concerned community member. Anyone who posts on LUGNET agreed to the TOS when they signed up. From the TOS ((URL) not) Post or transmit any (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Community Policing is a Good Thing(TM) (Was: Re: Do you think there is a market)

Hmm, I was trying to get myself out of this discussion... I for the most part would like to see the same picture David espouses. The problem that I see is that when people make these little "nudges", the "offender" takes offense and yells "why are (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Community Policing is a Good Thing(TM) (Was: Re: Do you think there is a market)

In lugnet.admin.general, Duane Hess writes: <Snip> (...) Wow, that cleaned up pretty good! Let's cut to the end of the tape... Community Policing is a Good Thing(TM) is not a good thing. I'll tell you why: First thing-no names please--whatever (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: E-mail hyperlinks on LUGNET

(...) "test with name" fails on both IE 5.0 passing to Outlook 2000 and on IE 5.0 passing to Outlook 98. It appears the format failure is the "Joe Blow" part of the link. HTH James (23 years ago, 25-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: E-mail hyperlinks on LUGNET

(...) Is there a chance to get the names removed from the pages? I was talking to a web guy here at work and he says the fault lies in the hyperlink. In order to be compatible with as much software as possible the hyperlink should use only the email (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Do you think there is a market for your MOCs on eBay? Please discuss...

(...) I agree (...) Does the market hierarchy HAVE a curator yet? How does one tell if it does or not, if the curator hasn't put their name at the bottom? (I checked and did not see it at the root or in .shopping, didn't check them all) .trains (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Non ISO charaters (was Re: Community Policing is a Good Thing(TM) (Was: Re: Do you think there i

(...) This is an RFC2047 encoded header, which is the preferred way to transfer 8-bit characters in header fields. RFC2047 dates to 1996, and should be implemented in most user agents. It has not been implemented in the LUGNET web interface? It is (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: E-mail hyperlinks on LUGNET

(...) So what you're asserting is that LUGNET isn't in conformance to spec but that it works for some mailers because their implementation isn't as spec-picky? The thought of an MS product being better at spec conformance is shocking. Until you (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jan-02, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Non ISO charaters (was Re: Community Policing is a Good Thing(TM) (Was: Re: Do you think there i

(...) Hee-hee...no offense taken! I understand, 'cuz here's what your mail link looks like on my Macintosh: Fredrik =?iso-8859-1?q?Gl=F6ckner?= <fredrik.glockner@bio.uio.no> (...) I'm web interface, and of course, it looks just fine to me posting or (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact