 Administrative / Financial / 183
Re: LUGNET server fund drive a roaring success!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.finance
Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 2004 06:38:22 GMT

In lugnet.admin.finance, Todd Lehman wrote:
   Update:

Thanks to donations totalling over $4K from more than 150 people around the world, we not only hit our target in four short days days but exceeded it -- by a margin wide and comfortable enough to afford a superb hardware configuration and start an emergency fund with the cash left over to boot.

Matthew completed the hardware purchase on Thursday and will be posting additional details today.

Thanks again to everyone who has supported LUGNET through the years! The next five months are going to be some of the most exciting times in LUGNET’s history.

--Todd

My thanks also!! You folks are awesome!

I can’t begin to tell you how excited I was when the aid began pouring in. Not so much by the quickly rising donation total (although that was pretty swell- especially once I realized what it would make possible for LUGNET), rather, it was seeing the support come from so many different people, without hesitation. All these quiet visitors appeared, ready to help us stay online.

It was a warm and fuzzy community moment. :-)

-Suz