 Administrative / Curators / 22 (-20)
  Toronto NG's

I'll volunteer to handle lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto and if no one else wants to, lugnet.org.ca (hopefully something to be coordinated with our fellow Canadian organizations) One request to whoever ends up handling lugnet.loc.ca.on.tor and related (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jul-01, to lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: Question, volunteering for something

(...) Hmm, interesting. Following the whole suggestions and self-offerings here, I'd love to share .castle with someone, if possible. Likewise for .castle.org.cw. -Shiri (23 years ago, 26-Jul-01, to lugnet.admin.curators)

  While we're all volunteering...

I'll willingly curate lugnet.org.ca.nalug and lugnet.loc.ca.ab.edm James (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.admin.curators)

  Interested in lugnet.promo and lugnet.loc.us.co.cos

Hello, I would be interested in curating lugnet.promo and lugnet.loc.us.co.cos. I'm sure there are others with more knowledge about the promotional sets, but it is an area I am interested in. Bryan Beckwith (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.admin.curators)

  Question about requests

First of all, great idea. What is the best way to make a request to be a curator? What is the timeframe for implementation? I would like to be the curator for (URL) #1165 (URL) LEGO Users Group (URL) (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.admin.curators)

  request to be a curator

I would like to take on the role of curator for lugnet.org.us.baylug. (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: Huh?

(...) Just to be clear, I don't want to see a curator follow up someone's post with "this belongs elsewhere" in any way other than, as you say, it's already done. (...) I see it as *truly* allowing more active involvement. Efforts put in by members (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: Huh?

(...) No. (...) No. Larry gave an accurate description of the role here: (URL) (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: Huh?

(...) This is entirely correct. -Suz (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: Question, volunteering for something

(...) I wouldn't mind co-curating trains if the powers so allow. jt (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: Huh?

(...) Ummm...I'd HOPE that that was a given ;?) Otherwise, I'd like to volunteer to curate all the train groups, please (THAT'LL show them cocky trainheads! What with all of their *awards-this* and *world-record-that* and *LEGOLAND-event-other*. (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: Huh?

(...) Leaders of, or experts in? no... but "interested in" probably helps... and it might be a good way to build up expertise if one was so inclined. ++Lar (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: Huh?

(...) I think Curator just means the ability to maintain the FTX front page (and any pages hanging off it if that is enabled in future) for a particular group. So the curator could keep the list of links and resources fresh, update with current (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: Huh?

(...) Kyle, To ease your mind... (From: (URL) lugnet.announce, Suzanne D. Rich writes: (...) So, no moderation of the messages themselves...not content cops (unless advising folks to move a thread to a more appropriate NG, I assume...but EVERYONE (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.admin.curators)

  Huh?

Okay, I'm sure it should be painfully obvious, but I'm not clear on what the discussions in this group are about. Are we designating moderators for the groups? Is responsibility for which-groups-get-cre...d-go-where being delegated away from Suze (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.admin.curators)

  Question, volunteering for something

Is "curator" a delegatable or sharable role? I'd volunteer for lugnet.trains and lugnet.trains.org if I knew that I could get someone backing me up if I ran out of time... I am willing to take on lugnet.org.us.michlug if Amy doesn't want it. That (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: A request to be curator of a group

I'm interested in lugnet.faq Cary (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.admin.curators)

  Curator for Lugnet.technic and Ideas for Curators

I'd like to volunteer for curator of Lugnet.technic. I've thought of a few ideas that I think would be useful for people who read and participate in the newsgroup. I would like to see a web page for each of the following: * Compilation of links to (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: A request to be curator of a group

I sent Todd a private note, but I'll request here also... I'm interested in being curator of lugnet.pirates. I'd be happy to do lugnet.fun.gaming also. I'd also like to do lugnet.loc.us.nc. I'll nominate Mike Walsh for lugnet.org.us.nclug. (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.admin.curators)

  A request to be curator of a group

Hiya' guys! I know it doesn't mean THAT much right now, but I would be interested in taking on the curatorship of the lugnet.loc.us.ca.slo group. A LUG is in the planning stages in our area (*finally*), and this group may see a bit more use due to (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.admin.curators)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact