 Administrative / Curators / 14
Re: Huh?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.curators
Date:
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 00:32:58 GMT

In lugnet.admin.curators, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.admin.curators, Kyle D. Jackson writes:
Okay, I'm sure it should be painfully obvious, but I'm not
clear on what the discussions in this group are about.  Are
we designating moderators for the groups?  Is responsibility
for which-groups-get-created-and-go-where being delegated
away from Suze and Todd?

I'm confused (no news there!)

I think Curator just means the ability to maintain the FTX front page (and
any pages hanging off it if that is enabled in future) for a particular
group. So the curator could keep the list of links and resources fresh,
update with current events (for a .loc or .org group) and so forth.

I don't think any ability to create or move groups, or any ability to
moderate is implied.

At least thats how I read things. I believe there are one or two people who
have this ability already for one or two groups...

This is entirely correct.

-Suz