 Administrative / Search Results: suggest
 Results 381 – 400 of 403.
Search took 0.00 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: A Technic set DB outline

First off, let me state that were I designing this from scratch I'd do an object model not a data model but... (...) You need a hierarchy table. Model it like this (not legit SQL) Table Theme ThemeID integer PRIMARY KEY NOT NIL ThemeType Code /* (...) (26 years ago, 30-Nov-98, to lugnet.admin.database)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  News article snarfing & propagation (was: LEGO Calendar of Events)

(...) A bit more on article snarfing & propagation... If anyone happened to catch this article back in May, (URL) 3rd sub-item of the 4th main item there (the one which begins "Ability to snarf...") refers basically to personal weblogs[1] with (...) (25 years ago, 3-Sep-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) I get it. You clearly didn't read what I said. You _might_ be right. There _might_ be people interested in such a hetero discussion group. But why would you assume a group is needed just because a homosexual group is asked for? Neither of you (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: New Terms of Use for LUGNET

Some thoughts on the discussion group terms: #7: clarify to allow use of FTX. #9.2: I think it would be reasonable to allow auction postings in groups that specifically allow them, though it should be pointed out that set of groups would generally (...) (18 years ago, 18-Sep-06, to lugnet.admin.terms)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: COMPLETE LIST OF NEW SETS FOR 2000

(...) I don't want to get into the whole "if you and Suz say you really want someone to do something that doesn't necessarily mean they have to do it or become persona non grata around LUGNET" issue because, to some extent, I don't think it's worth (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Do you think there is a market for your MOCs on eBay? Please discuss...

(...) He was echoing the sentiment I expressed, I think. And when you look at your initial words (which I left, for reference while snipping all else away) on this topic, I think it was a fair sentiment. Stamping your foot and saying "so sue me" (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: "Some pigs are more equal than other pigs"

(...) Well since you "called" I came, and by no means do I claim to be a conflict resolutions manager nor a therapist (I just play one on Lugnet). I want to resist commenting directly on particulars because I truly do not want to add fuel to a (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

Ok, some initial thoughts.... I was opposed to a .rant type group earlier, I now see that it could be valuable. One question though is how to get the ranting to move there. I don't think we can eliminate initial rants in response to an announcement, (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Specific problem: finding members - general conclusion: principle of least surprise needed on Lugnet

Hi Larry, I don't normally like to disagree with fellow LUGNETer's, and I certainly don't want to start an arugument over this, but I do find myself drawn to respond to your curious comments. I doubt that it was your intention, but your comments (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jan-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Incorrect group posting [was RE: cartoonnetwork.com is having an online contest]

(...) IF you forgot to say that you were in Oz when you saw it. On the other hand people post this all the time and others jump on it and arrange for some cross border buying and selling. But your example is flawed as that post belongs in (...) (24 years ago, 9-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Meta discussion about guidance

(...) Rather than my usual intersperse, I'll just provide my current thoughts on the subject. I sort of disagree that there is no difference between guidance and discussion of guidance. Basically I think there's a point at where things have veered (...) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: auction vs non-auction double standard?

Todd Lehman wrote in message ... (...) of (...) original (...) to (...) Perhaps something on the lines of: ---...--- Posts offering items for sale, trade, auction, or "wanted" posts, or anything else related to "market" type activities are (...) (24 years ago, 13-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.terms) !

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Suspend me as well (was Susp. of Chris and Terry)

(...) Okay, I was holding off replying, but the night is getting short, so I am going to try to explain this to the best of my ability... Sorry it's a "novel". First of all, I can see many points of views/sides to this story. 4 that I will touch on, (...) (20 years ago, 5-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX) !

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  .DAT files and newsgroups

[Crossposted to lugnet.cad & lugnet.admin.general, with followups set to lugnet.admin.general.] In a message posted to the L-CAD mailing list, Tim Courtney raised the question of whether there should be a lugnet.cad.ldraw-parts group. The following (...) (26 years ago, 7-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: auction vs non-auction double standard?

Todd Lehman wrote in message ... (...) traffic (...) exist, (...) to (...) I think there is a "double standard" in that auction posts are singled out as particularly bad. This is not necessarily a bad thing (we also have a "double standard" on (...) (24 years ago, 12-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.terms)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Sales and Auctions

Hey Y'all: Idea Number One: My weakest recommendation is that an honor system be set up on the marketplace pages, and that any seller obtaining a sale from a contact made on Lugnet pay a small percentage of that sale to Lugnet. Obviously such (...) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.admin.finance)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Enough already

(...) A clearer distinction can be drawn by saying "you are acting like a such and such" as opposed to saying "you *are* a such and such." Similar to the difference between "you are lying" and "you are a liar." By criticizing someone's action or (...) (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: My Stance

(...) Wow, what a loaded question, especially given what seems(ed) like a reverse- witch-hunt. I'd like to state first that I realized Friday that I got WAY too worked up about this and posted some things that were, in some cases, petty and (...) (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  LUGNET Posting Policy Update

LUGNET administration has always had the ability to temporarily or permanently suspend the posting privileges of a user or member. In the past this has been only very rarely used. The mechanism for doing so was such that only Todd (or for a time, (...) (20 years ago, 28-Dec-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.terms, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Apology.

(...) I refuse to support the banning of one member of Lugnet over a dispute with another member of Lugnet unless both parties are banned together. So I think you should be more careful of the things you are seeking to achieve because you will end (...) (23 years ago, 24-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.terms, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

More:  Next Page >>