 Administrative / Search Results: internet mail service
 Results 641 – 660 of about 2200.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Announcing FTX for discussion groups

neat - can we make something that will filter out all the FTX in mail and NNTP? Currently, all the new posts show up as text/x-ftx, and until I tell mutt that that's plain text (with some noise), it doesn't display it at all. But cool for the web (...) (21 years ago, 28-May-03, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 0.385)

  // and ** vs {} and [] (was: testing in rtl...)

(...) The problem with that is that articles are stored in the news server in their raw original format only. When they're displayed by the web interface, and the FTX content is rendered into HTML for viewing on a web browser, it's done so (...) (21 years ago, 30-May-03, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 0.385)

  Re: Announcing FTX for discussion groups

Good suggestion. While sometimes I may like to play, it could annoy some people unintentionally, so by all means; if an FTX filter for E-mail and NNTP could be implimented - That would be great. I'm no expert, but the thought is there. e (...) snip (...) (21 years ago, 29-May-03, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 0.385)

  Spam

(...) No, it certainly doesn't. The reason it got in is because it came in through the lego-robotics@crynwr.com mailing list gateway, and LUGNET's news server trusts the mail gateway not to forward spam. Russell has a sign-up filter (or something) (...) (21 years ago, 28-May-03, to lugnet.admin.terms)

mail
(score: 0.385)

  Re: Poll: How long Did it Take you To Sign Up in LUGNET?

(...) It took me longer than I expected (I figured it would clear me right away), but not nearly as long as you. I'm not really sure when I got my confirmation e-mail because it got spam-filtered for some reason, and I was not aware at that time (...) (21 years ago, 28-May-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.people)

mail
(score: 0.385)

  Re: Announcing FTX for discussion groups

(...) OK, that's fine. It's supposed to be readable as raw ASCII in newsreaders. (...) I'm not sure what you mean. Plain text doesn't imply assumptions about character sets. You can have UTF8 or US-ASCII or ISO-8859-1 all in plain text. All of the (...) (21 years ago, 28-May-03, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 0.385)

  Re: Announcing FTX for discussion groups

(...) Unless someone go totally nuts with crazy table stuff, it should look just fine. (...) Yup! FTX was designed from day one (back in the summer of 1999) to be entirely readable as plain text. In fact, here is an example of an article I posted in (...) (21 years ago, 28-May-03, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.publish)

mail
(score: 0.385)

  Re: Announcing FTX for discussion groups

(...) I guess I'll reserve comment until I see how this gets used, but I'm really hoping it doesn't sound a death knell for use of news readers. One favor to ask though, while URL links show up as still clickable in a newsreader, all the nifty set (...) (21 years ago, 28-May-03, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 0.384)

  Re: Problems with Outlook Express and LUGNet

Jaco van der Molen <jmolen@zonnet.nl> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:HFJroM.1wHq@lugnet.com... (...) I too. I'm happy to see that this isn't a problem of mine. I first registered it nearly a week ago at cad.mlcad. But today the same problem with (...) (21 years ago, 27-May-03, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.cad)

mail
(score: 0.384)

  Re: quoted-printable support

(...) Unfortunately, Text::Wrap doesn't handle mail- and news-style quotations, and would happily convert: > >> >really especially long line of quoted text to (bad): > >> >really especially long line of quoted text instead of to (good): > >> >really (...) (21 years ago, 20-May-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 0.384)

  Re: Virus Email

(...) Not to mention that this whole thread doesn't belong in lugnet.general. Plus, there really isn't any good purpose in spreading e-mails warning about such viruses. I've been getting several copies a day of one or another of the "Microsoft (...) (21 years ago, 22-May-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.384)

  Re: quoted-printable support

(...) On the well-behaved e-mail clients, yes. On the worse clients, they jam a whole paragraph into a single line. I saw one which resulted in a line 890 characters long.(!) (...) I agree -- a hideously long line is better than one that's full of (...) (21 years ago, 20-May-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 0.384)

  Re: Unsubscribing from news by e-mail - web page broken

In lugnet.admin.general, Todd Lehman writes: <snip> (...) OK, cool. Thanks. I still want to receive the messages at my e-mail address, so I've tried to re-subscribe to my usual newsgroups using the same e-mail. I select the group, select the (...) (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.383)

  Unsubscribing from news by e-mail - web page broken

Hi, I'm currently subscribed to receive lugnet.space and lugnet.starwars by e-mail. Works a treat and I get lots of mail. However, I now want to unsubscribe (and continue reading by NNTP). When I go to (URL) and enter my email and confirmation code (...) (21 years ago, 4-May-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.383)

  Re: Unsubscribing from news by e-mail - web page broken

Todd, Thanks very much. No lugnet mail since the weekend :-) Cheers, Steve "Todd Lehman" <todd@lugnet.com> wrote in message news:HEHots.1y3E@lugnet.com... (...) When (...) send (...) (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.383)

  Re: quoted-printable support

(...) Heh heh, funny you should mention that... Last night I was just thinking about this again and am 98% ready to deploy a fix. I've really noticed the increase in these posts lately too (especially coming in through the News-by-Mail gateways). A (...) (21 years ago, 16-May-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 0.383)

  Re: Unsubscribing from news by e-mail - web page broken

(...) Aha! Cool, you've discovered a bug and a way to repeat it! Thanks for the tip, I'll try to repeat it myself and see what I find. --Todd (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.383)

  Re: Unsubscribing from news by e-mail - web page broken

(...) Steve, Sorry to leave you wondering. I unsubscribed you on Sunday, but didn't send you an e-mail about it -- figured you'd just notice that the messages had stopped. Duane, You should be all set now. --Todd (21 years ago, 6-May-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.383)

  Unifying LUGNET user types

All, We're going to begin soon unifying the many types of LUGNET users into a single, coherent base system. This will greatly simplify sign-up, configuration, and daily usage, and consequently I think this will make a lot of people very, very happy (...) (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.admin.general) !!

mail
(score: 0.382)

  Re: Unsubscribing from news by e-mail - web page broken

(...) Todd, Any updates on this? -Duane (21 years ago, 6-May-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.382)

More:  Next Page >>