 Administrative / General / 10969
Re: Unsubscribing from news by e-mail - web page broken
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 9 May 2003 03:03:13 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Duane Hess writes:
OK, cool. Thanks.

I still want to receive the messages at my e-mail address, so I've tried to
re-subscribe to my usual newsgroups using the same e-mail. I select the
group, select the interval and hit Update Subscriptions. From there, my
connection times out. The subscription must have gone through, since I am
now receiving messages from .Space again. However, when I check the News by
Mail website it shows that I am not subscribed - again. The cool thing is
that I get the e-mails that I want. The bad thing is that when I travel, I
can't unsubscribe. Any thoughts?

Aha!  Cool, you've discovered a bug and a way to repeat it!  Thanks for the
tip, I'll try to repeat it myself and see what I find.

--Todd