 Administrative / Search Results: internet mail service
 Results 1961 – 1980 of 2225.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Collapsing the lugnet.loc.uk hierarchy

(...) Can you move the articles that are in groups about to go bye bye for now to higher in the hierarchy? Or mail them back to the authors and suggest reposting? (25 years ago, 17-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.200)

  Re: how to cancel a message (was Re: [MindStorms FAQ 4.3 How do I make a temperature sensor?]

Boy, that was stupid. I really do wish I could cancel messages. I just realized that there is a "confirmation code", which right now is used when you request having a newsgroup sent to you via email (the page where this happens is (URL) ) So I'll (...) (25 years ago, 16-Jul-99, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.200)

  Re: how to cancel a message (was Re: [MindStorms FAQ 4.3 How do I make a temperature sensor?]

Request to Todd to have this added to the implementation queue (perhaps with a relatively lower priority) I think having a way to cancel a message from the web (which perhaps was reviewed by a human to verify bonafides) would be a good thing. I (...) (25 years ago, 16-Jul-99, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.200)

  Re: Faces of LUGNET

(...) I think this would be a great Idea. I would guess that it would just be Names and Pictures so we would know who we were talking to. I know that I have put rules up for my site when I host model pictures. I don't allow things like Ages, (...) (25 years ago, 12-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general)

mail
(score: 0.199)

  Re: take a piece, leave a piece -- traveling box of LEGO

I LOVE boxtrot. Let's get a group asap as the posts are spread all over... Forget the mail part as it's not a given that boxes will move via mail. Actually it's not a given that the pieces will move in boxes. So I vote for mixorama. or boxtrot, what (...) (25 years ago, 9-Jul-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.199)

  Re: take a piece, leave a piece -- traveling box of LEGO

I am not real good at brainstorming but I just thought of a couple. How about... .lugbox .lugbricks .lugabs I just thought that the box would be "lugged" around quite a bit and this is "Lugnet". Anyway this is my first post to this string but I have (...) (25 years ago, 11-Jul-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.199)

  Re: member id's: simple numbers or something more?

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message <377F7B94.54831B27@v...er.net>... (...) <snip!> Todd, Maybe I've been watching too much "Law and Order", but... I understand your reluctance to shoulder the huge (!) burden of policing the member name space for (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general)

mail
(score: 0.199)

  Re: Secret LUGNET areas, ldraw image databases, (was piece naming conventions)

(...) If those pages were too easy to find, it would intimidate people. No one wants to get their feet wet at a site when they think they have to register first to do anything. Note that there are so many sites out there that make you actually (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.199)

  Re: markup syntax for member pages

Update: Here's some sample input/output going down one currently-favored path... The details of the content in this sample aren't important (it's just a personal e-mail with some ramblings) but the makeup of it is important... I wanted to grab (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.199)

  Re: member id's: simple numbers or something more?

(...) Actually, I don't see that as much of an issue. As an example, my e-mail address shows up as "galliard@shades-of-night.com", however, the actual POP box I am assigned is "shadesofnight03", which has yet another designation for netnation (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general)

mail
(score: 0.198)

  Re: member id's: simple numbers or something more?

(...) Very well put -- Yes, that's about it! As far as I can imagine right now, they'll only appear in URLs. I'm *sure* there must be some other place that they'll pop up someday down the road, but my crystal ball draws a blank on that one today. (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general)

mail
(score: 0.198)

  Re: Allocation of member #'s

(...) Well, short of slurping all the old ATL and RTL posts, and automatically assigning lugnet id's based on the oldest post from each e-mail id, it sounds pretty reasonable to me. As long as you randomized the exact numbers after the selection (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.198)

  If I just joined, then what are memberships?

(...) Someone just wrote in and asked, "I just joined/registered with LUGNET, ... why are membership numbers being proposed?" This is a good question, and may well be a commonly wondered question at this point, so I'm posting the answer here and (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general)

mail
(score: 0.198)

  Re: Allocation of member #'s

(...) I think they're missing the first year or so of RTL and the first two years or so of ATL. But even if you could go back and check those definitively, what do you do about people who lurked for along time first (and maybe still participated, (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.198)

  Re: Allocation of member #'s

(...) I wonder how (technically) you would really settle any disputes over who was "older." Maybe you'd have to let each party find (on their own) and demonstrate their oldest post. But someone may have lurked for 6 months and participated privately (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.198)

  Re: Local/native langauge forms of country names

.7AJ@lugnet.com> Distribution: X-Newsreader: TIN [version 1.2 PL2] Todd Lehman: [ /loc/ page in all languages. ] (...) Yes. (...) Different country[1] (even though Danes do seem to think they own it). Jacob 1) <URL:(URL) (and this one should work) (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.198)

  Re: markup syntax for member pages

Todd: Just a minor detail. (...) This one is actually legal. I think your suggestion looks fine (but it isn't much work to handle HTML if you use nsgmls[1]). Play well, Jacob 1) <URL:(URL) is generated by a _tcsh_ script that uses nsgmls for parsing (...) (25 years ago, 1-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.198)

  Re: Local/native langauge forms of country names

Todd: Just like Larry, would I find it very useful to have the country names in my native language[1] on the /loc/ page. It is kind of messy to mix several languages on the same page. Even if it is just place names. How do you choose how to sort? (...) (25 years ago, 1-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.198)

  (canceled)

mail
(score: 0.198)

  Temp pic space on LUGNET

Wouldn't it be nice to have a temp storage bin for pics on LUGNET. I often have pics of work in progress that I would like to get commnets on but don't want to mail attachments (and that aren't really worth having on my sight). Somehow email them to (...) (25 years ago, 30-Jun-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.198)

More:  Next Page >>