  Search Results: racial minifig
 Results 201 – 220 of about 17000.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: LEGO Group and Disney Consumer Products Announce Building Sets Inspired by Pirates of the Caribbean

(...) And they often are. How many times have you seen complaints about how the Town theme largely consisted of a 3-year repeating schedule of police, fire department, and hospital stuff? Only in the last couple years have they started to really (...) (14 years ago, 5-Dec-10, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.pirates, FTX)

minifig
(score: 0.538)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) Ok, whoa. Hold on there, bucko. 1) Grab a sense of humour from somewhere. 2) Take another look at all the things I mentioned. I did not even come *close* to saying that yellow representations of darker-skinned characters would be as repulsive (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial, minifig
(score: 0.538)

  Re: What would a kid think? (Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego)

(...) I hope I understood Eric's argument (that traditions aren't necessarily good, and often are changed for the better), and I totally agree with it. I even grabbed a sense of humour, and had a (wry) smile on my dial the first time I read his (...) (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial, minifig
(score: 0.538)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

First, I have to say that I agree with practically everything that Dave Schuler Writes in post 6299. But, I have to point out some comments that i found to be disturbing. Dave Schuler writes that "It's fine for a bunch of us to sit around discussing (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial, minifig
(score: 0.538)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

Greetings to all, Have been following this debate for a while and I thought I'd through in my 2 cents. Don't know if you guys are familiar with World Cup Soccer (I certainly am not), but it is definetly not a sport played exclusively by "white" (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial, minifig
(score: 0.538)

  Re: 3D laser scanning

(...) This is really cool. How do you go about scanning the "inside" of an object? I think this kind of part creation is going to be needed to keep up with all the new "organic" type parts that Lego are churning out at the moment. My kids have loads (...) (14 years ago, 29-Nov-10, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

minifig
(score: 0.538)

  Re: Greetings from outer space

(...) I forgot to add the hips and the legs.. Inadvertently, I used old numbers. 970 should be replaced with 3815 971 should be replaced with 3816 972 should be replaced with 3817 parts/970c6u.dat Minifig Black Hips and Gray Legs with Orange Cable (...) (14 years ago, 15-Oct-10, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

minifig
(score: 0.538)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) No one in any argument here has suggested that skin color has any effect on a person's human-ness. (...) **snip of several recent, anecdotal examples** These are fine, of course, and it's great to see that Lego has opened its marketing to a (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial, minifig
(score: 0.538)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) Speaking of <set:9171>, doesn't the figure almost dead center in the Pause DB picture remind you of Spock? The first time I saw it, that's who I thought of. Also, when I saw this set, I thought if LEGO can make a DUPLO set with people of (...) (24 years ago, 12-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial, minifig
(score: 0.537)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) No, I'm supposing that kids don't give a rat's ass about race. Kids play. It's we, the adults, who teach kids about race, or rather, skin color (given that we still are only one race, something we should perhaps also teach our kids...). (...) (...) (24 years ago, 12-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial, minifig
(score: 0.537)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

"Dave Schuler" <orrex@excite.com> wrote in message news:Fz4z2L.G18@lugnet.com... (...) and (...) in (...) one (...) Ok, I see this now where I didn't quite see it before, and will refrain from using that phrase in the future. It was not a conscious (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial, minifig
(score: 0.537)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

"Dave Schuler" <orrex@excite.com> wrote in message news:Fz4rAo.HHF@lugnet.com... (...) literature. (...) its (...) you (...) the (...) may (...) But what does that matter? That was done in the past, and this is today. The question is, how will (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial, minifig
(score: 0.537)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) Hmm. Well, someone else mentioned the inflammatory nature of the phrase "race crad" before, so I won't rehash that. I'll assume you mean that you think the best way for TLC to handle this situation would be not to make minifigs of Lando, (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial, minifig
(score: 0.537)

  Re: LEGO Group and Disney Consumer Products Announce Building Sets Inspired by Pirates of the Caribbean

(...) What I always saw as a core problem with the Pirates theme is that you basically get small ships, large ships, forts, and the occassional island. That's pretty much it. Ships are ships are ships are ships, and where the Space subthemes had (...) (14 years ago, 22-Nov-10, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.pirates, FTX)

minifig
(score: 0.537)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) "Race card" has connotations well in excess of the bounds of this debate and should be employed with caution. Typically the term is used in situations in which the implication of racism is perceived to yield a result positive to one side's (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial, minifig
(score: 0.537)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) Yes, but that was because minifigs, macrofigs, or any type of figs didn't exist then. At least for me. :-O (...) Here is the crux of the problem. The lack of diversity in minifigs IS a political message. You may agree with that message, you (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial, minifig
(score: 0.537)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) Certainly it is great that TLC has in some ways opened its eyes to a broader demographic, but it is unfortunate that certain spectres from their past still linger. Because minifigs have persisted more or less unchanged for over two decades, it (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial, minifig
(score: 0.537)

  Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

Hey everybody... After reading a few of the highlights from the recent debates on adding different color minifigs into the Lego product line, I thought I'd offer a few words. I have a major concern with the discussions and the attitude portrayed. (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial, minifig
(score: 0.537)

  Racial politics in LEGO

I must catch a flight in 15 mintues and will not have email for a few days, but had to post quickly: 1. No offense Scott S., but just because something has been discussed before does not mean it should not be discussed again and that nothing will (...) (24 years ago, 9-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

racial, minifig
(score: 0.537)

  Re: Offer to Minifig collectors in Europe

(...) You are right, it is easier to try to find collectors in Europe and I am working hard on it. Maybe you know some as well? I will try to call one in NL on Monday and I will know more. Thank you for your offer to contribute specific figures! I (...) (14 years ago, 27-Oct-10, to lugnet.build.minifigs, FTX)

minifig
(score: 0.537)

More:  Next Page >>