  Search Results: racial minifig
 Results 21 – 40 of about 17000.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

"Kyle D. Jackson" <flightdeck@sympatic...mblock.ca> wrote in message news:G0yI4w.J3p@lugnet.com... (...) Its sad, but true. Humans in general are always looking for a selfish way to elevate themselves and put down others to make themselves look (...) (24 years ago, 16-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.general)

racial, minifig
(score: 3.004)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) Hmm. Well, someone else mentioned the inflammatory nature of the phrase "race crad" before, so I won't rehash that. I'll assume you mean that you think the best way for TLC to handle this situation would be not to make minifigs of Lando, (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial, minifig
(score: 3.003)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) Certainly it is great that TLC has in some ways opened its eyes to a broader demographic, but it is unfortunate that certain spectres from their past still linger. Because minifigs have persisted more or less unchanged for over two decades, it (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial, minifig
(score: 3.003)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) Ok, whoa. Hold on there, bucko. 1) Grab a sense of humour from somewhere. 2) Take another look at all the things I mentioned. I did not even come *close* to saying that yellow representations of darker-skinned characters would be as repulsive (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial, minifig
(score: 3.003)

  Re: Where Brooklyn at? (Was: racial politics, black pack, etc.)

(...) Wait a second...AT-ST? Are we going to see minifig Ewoks? best LFB (24 years ago, 9-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

racial, minifig
(score: 3.003)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) No, I'm supposing that kids don't give a rat's ass about race. Kids play. It's we, the adults, who teach kids about race, or rather, skin color (given that we still are only one race, something we should perhaps also teach our kids...). (...) (...) (24 years ago, 12-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial, minifig
(score: 3.003)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

Greetings to all, Have been following this debate for a while and I thought I'd through in my 2 cents. Don't know if you guys are familiar with World Cup Soccer (I certainly am not), but it is definetly not a sport played exclusively by "white" (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial, minifig
(score: 3.003)

  Where Brooklyn at? (Was: racial politics, black pack, etc.)

(...) Sorry Y'all, I can't agree that this Lando's "instantly recognizable." I doubt that any of us would be quick to make such an assumption if we saw the same incarnation of him alone in another setting, or in a context without a written key. I'd (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

racial, minifig
(score: 3.003)

  Put the issue to bed (was: who's feelin the black pack?)

(...) And this is the problem with licensing movies, books, etc. If the main character is to be "acurately" represented, there must be "colored" minifigs. This has not been done with Star Wars to date. Luke Skywalker (as seen in the movies) is not (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

racial, minifig
(score: 3.003)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) I wonder about this. I tend to believe that no matter where you find people, you find the same basic human tendencies. One of those, unfortunately, happens to be prejudice (not just limited to racism). Based upon that I would expect to find as (...) (24 years ago, 16-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.general)

racial, minifig
(score: 3.003)

  Re: What would a kid think? (Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego)

(...) I hope I understood Eric's argument (that traditions aren't necessarily good, and often are changed for the better), and I totally agree with it. I even grabbed a sense of humour, and had a (wry) smile on my dial the first time I read his (...) (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial, minifig
(score: 3.002)

  Re: Lego called Racist - "Boycott Legos [sic]"

(...) The column has some good points. Too bad it suffers from lazy journalism. Like describing traditional minifigs as "aryan yellow". Aryan. Yellow. Yeah, right. And the columnist missed out on some other good discussion points: 1. Lego has (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

racial, minifig
(score: 3.002)

  Re: Minifigures in Legoland

(...) I remember these here in the U.S. as well. It would be in a large department store for a week or so every few years. I remember huge displays of Classic Space Legos as well has large sculptures of animals and landmarks such as the Statue of (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.dear-lego)

racial, minifig
(score: 3.002)

  Re: Pause clarification (?) -7171 Mos Espa Podrace

(...) :) Use them to create a piece for display in the Minifig Museum of Modern Art? ... as the trunk for trees in flame-fauna forest? ... as fuel rods in a nuclear reactor? ... as part of the drive system in a starship? ... for frames on an avant (...) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.starwars)

racial, minifig
(score: 3.001)

  Re: who's feelin the black pack?

(...) of (...) I like this last point. I think the people who are bothered the most about this minifig race issue are suffering from a mistaken impression that yellow figs are/were ever meant to accurately represent caucasians. These Barbie (...) (24 years ago, 7-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

racial, minifig
(score: 3.001)

  Question about the NBA minifigs

There is currently a thread on Lugent about the new minifigs from the upcomming NBA sets. If most agree (I think) that it's ok to have different complexion for the skin of these players, I think we would all like to know if TLC intends to make (...) (22 years ago, 30-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego)

racial, minifig
(score: 3.001)

  Re: "There are always possibilities" (possible braod Ep. II Spoilers)

(...) Really? I was expecting a "I don' know nuthin' 'bout birthin' no babies!" (I hope I didn't mangle that quote too badly). And in the victory parade, weren't the Gunga (Gungans?) just a bit, umm, funky? As in, "get down, get funky". Was there (...) (25 years ago, 9-Jun-99, to lugnet.starwars)

racial, minifig
(score: 3.001)

  Re: Color change: Let's go straight to the CEO!

(...) Hi there, I understand this situation... love it or hate it... the colours I'd like changed back, light/dark grey and brown, also minifigs to be as they are known and loved 'yellow'. For me that represented something different, no-one is (...) (20 years ago, 28-Nov-04, to lugnet.color, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

racial, minifig
(score: 3.001)

  Re: The Lego Group will attempt to stop some "brickfilms"

(...) There is nothing wrong with making gay minifigs, any more than there is with making heterosexual minifigs. Sexual content may be inappropriate for kids, but a pair of gay minifigs doing non-sexual things (like simply living together, or (...) (23 years ago, 21-Dec-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

racial, minifig
(score: 3.001)

  Re: Lando- we can build him!

(...) Oh spare us from this recurring politically correct race wars BS. Some of us just would like to see Lando Calrissian and some of the other "African American" characters portrayed with brown heads... that's it! There's no underlying animosity (...) (24 years ago, 25-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars)

racial, minifig
(score: 3.001)

More:  Next Page >>