  Search Results: post frequency
 Results 1721 – 1740 of about 37000.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

(...) It would mean the ability to crosspost to lugnet.* groups, yes -- but only for those people who have gone through the news posting setup at: (URL) other words, only the people who have succesfully crossed Larry's gate/ barrier would be allowed (...) (26 years ago, 29-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

post
(score: 0.896)

  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

Todd Lehman wrote: <snip> (...) This would be a good thing. I'd say it ought to just present the facts in a fairly dry way. All the "evangelists" would have a copy and just post it in reply. I could take a swag, I guess. (26 years ago, 29-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

post
(score: 0.896)

  Re: legOS corruption

Ben Laurie wrote in message <365E93F5.63ABFE6B@a....co.uk>... (...) I do embedded systems WITHOUT a logic analyser. You can do about 99% of what you need to with a monitor and an oscilloscope. The logic analyser (or emulator) is the big gun for the (...) (26 years ago, 27-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

post
(score: 0.896)

  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

On Wed, 2 Dec 1998 13:05:54 GMT, blisses@worldnet.att.net (Steve Bliss) wrote: :If lugnet.com is changed to ignore invalid/unrecognized entries in the :Newsgroups header, then someone could use lugnet to post to any Usenet :ng, as long as the (...) (26 years ago, 2-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

post
(score: 0.896)

  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

(...) True, canceling wouldn't work unless you get control.cancel. Spam aside for a second, I don't think ignoring cancels is very bad. People should assume that once they hit "post", it's public, like it or not. But then, there's the issue of spam (...) (26 years ago, 30-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

post
(score: 0.896)

  *** AUCTION UPDATE #7 ***

Heya all ! Here is my big auction. ALL sets are COMPLETELY in EXCELLENT condition with boxes and instructions. Only sets signed with "*" have only front and back parts of boxes but are completely with instructions and all parts. The rules are (...) (26 years ago, 27-Nov-98, to lugnet.market.auction)

post
(score: 0.896)

  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

Once upon a time, lehman@javanet.com (Todd Lehman) wrote: [snip] (...) Anyone who *should* be cross-posting, should be able to grok this. In the sense that it takes some sense (and diplomacy) to cross-post effectively. Steve (26 years ago, 1-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

post
(score: 0.896)

  Re: another fun thing

(...) How about counting the post only if it had a response? That way we'd both encourage substance and discourage ragging folks for the non-useful since they'd get credit for a useful post if someone just responds with a nasty-gram. My 2 cents make (...) (26 years ago, 20-Dec-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

post
(score: 0.896)

  Jason & Melissa's Auction Update 2

This is our first time posting to the lugnet, so I hope this turns out okay. Here's our complete auction list with current bids. To bid or to be added to the mailing list, email us at jason.landreth@gte.net Thanks, Jason 8>) 1. Minimum Bids are (...) (26 years ago, 28-Nov-98, to lugnet.market.auction)

post
(score: 0.896)

  [FAQ] Post vs. mail, claimed topics

(...) I would never sign up to coordinate the whole thing, but can see doing some contributing. I suspect several others feel the same way I will try my hand at a few Q and As today but would rather post them in lugnet.faq than send them. Posting (...) (26 years ago, 2-Jan-99, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.general)

post
(score: 0.896)

  Should RTL be hosted on this server?

Hello Lugnetters, I need help making a very important decision regarding the NNTP server here, and I'd like to hear any opinions and random thoughts you might have. If RTL were hosted on this news server, would that clearly be a good thing, or a (...) (26 years ago, 29-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

post
(score: 0.896)

  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

(...) I think it would be a good thing preventing the death of RTL as everyone leaves and moves to LUGNET. (...) I don't think it would make it easier either way as I would still have to use 2 news servers. (...) It would prevent the split currently (...) (26 years ago, 29-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

post
(score: 0.896)

  RE: legOS (-> Interdisciplinary Learning?)

I downloaded Dolphin Smalltalk + the bot-kit yesterday and had a quick go last night. As a Smalltalk IDE it's a good implementation. I'll post some feedback on the bot-kit on Monday. (I'll defer to your small 't' :-) ) Cheers, Howard (...) (26 years ago, 3-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

post
(score: 0.896)

  Re: LUGNET Blurb (was Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

(...) Drat. Here's something: Note that unlike usenet, LUGNET is a private service and in order to participate you will need to reveal your real name. Further, LUGNET requires you to acknowledge that you will abide by the LUGNET terms and conditions (...) (26 years ago, 30-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

post
(score: 0.896)

  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

Todd, I would like to suggest that you have a specific page (one screen) that outlines the Lugnet's goals, services, and explains why a sign up procedure is required. This page will have links to the main page, and sign in page and any general (...) (26 years ago, 30-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

post
(score: 0.896)

  Re: RTL/Lugnet Crossposting

(...) Since they're completely seperate entities, posting the same message to both places not only is ok, but often makes sense. This isn't technically crossposting, however -- a crossposted message is one post that exists in several newsgroups. (...) (26 years ago, 2-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

post
(score: 0.896)

  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

(...) I think part of it is that some of the more civil voices are gone. A lot of the recent flames seem to be about the same things over and over. The same people come on and spam the same thing day after day and that starts things all over again. (...) (26 years ago, 30-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

post
(score: 0.896)

  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

(...) I think confusion like this is one of the best reasons to NOT include r.t.l on LUGNET. My personal opinion is that crossposting, unless used with great consideration and thoughtfulness, is a bad thing. The biggest problem with crossposting in (...) (26 years ago, 29-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

post
(score: 0.896)

  Re: Page update

(...) I'm really glad people post about page updates, but I wish folks would put at least some clue as to what the page is about. That makes it easier to know if I should look right away or save it for later. (26 years ago, 19-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

post
(score: 0.896)

  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

(...) You may be 100% right, before I tackle any of those questions, I need to come to a better understanding of section 202 of the new Digital Millenium Copyright Act of the 105th Congress. It deals with limitations on liabilities for Internet (...) (26 years ago, 29-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

post
(score: 0.896)

More:  Next Page >>