  Search Results: higdon studies
 Results 426 – 445 of 710.
Search took 0.00 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Understanding Leaks

(...) As much as I believe you Jake (especially considering the official stance that TLC does market studies based on its much larger child market and not AFOLs), you gotta be careful with such responses. The conspiracy theorists could have a field (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jan-03, to lugnet.general)

studies
(score: 0.357)

  Re: I fell off the face of the earth

Hi Shiri, nice to hear about your doings. Here's a thought: imagine how big a shock it might be if you skipped looking at any Lego for a few years -- with the rapid changes and new pieces lately from Lego. Do well in your studies! -Erik (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.people)

studies
(score: 0.357)

  I fell off the face of the earth

Hi everyone! Yesterday I realized I fell off the face of the earth. That I became one of "those people" who just disappear and you never hear from them again. One of those people, I remember Todd saying, that you wouldn't even know if they died or (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.people)

studies
(score: 0.357)

  Re: TECHNIC IS NOT DEAD!!!

(...) Must be something wrong with your eyes. Extensive studies have shown that this optic green (think that's the name) is the most visible color over a wide range of viewing conditions. Red is a really bad color in the dark and at twilight. Most (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

studies
(score: 0.356)

  Re: TECHNIC IS NOT DEAD!!!

Before reading any more of my reply, remember, I **agree** with you, I'm not very keen on the model either. Although... Nik likes it better than the backhoe. But then, he's 10. (...) How about this prototype? (URL) (from the site you referenced.... (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

studies
(score: 0.356)

  Re: Historical fudging...

(...) Santos-Dumond was a rich brazilian living in France since the late 19th century; he was a passionate of air-gizmos, and developed numerous baloons and blimps before attempting to build an airplane (first version from 1901, IIRC - at the very (...) (22 years ago, 18-Dec-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

studies
(score: 0.354)

  Re: Feedback thoughts?

(...) Well... and I thought I had it bad. (...) Well, even though I started this thread, I too have feedback disruptions. For me it's a matter of time. Being a young teen and having school and my parents and my studies of the violin, sometimes spare (...) (22 years ago, 16-Dec-02, to lugnet.general)

studies
(score: 0.354)

  Re: Coolest LEGO Experience?

Jake McKee wrote in message ... (...) Well, this was my daughter's coolest Lego experience rather than mine. Dec 00/Jan 01, LEGO sponsored her to go on the Students on Ice expedition to Antarctica. You can see the results at (URL) still talks about (...) (22 years ago, 7-Dec-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people)

studies
(score: 0.352)

  Re: How Lego Saved My Life (Long Post)

Hello! (...) Better a brickoholic than an alcoholic. I think stories like yours absolutelly belong to a hobby and they are well worthwhile to be shared with the community. (...) Well, in my case... Since I collect and build with LEGO that exessively (...) (22 years ago, 6-Dec-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people)

studies
(score: 0.352)

  Re: Q. Where is the USA? A. You are standing on it!

(...) These appalling results were similar in the previous generation. I worked in the mapping business from 1990-1994 and there was no shortage of these articles wringing hands over the un-oriented college students of the 80s. University of (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

studies
(score: 0.350)

  Re: lugnet in Swedish Computer magazine "Mikrodatorn"

Those quotes are because AFOL are intelligent. Building all your life HAS to be benefical to the brain. Like the studies where they say kids who listen to Mozart become smarter. They seriously need to do a study about Lego and kids' intelligence. e. (22 years ago, 7-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

studies
(score: 0.349)

  thx all

(...) thx much for this. and thx to everyone who replied to my post. you can't know how comforting it is to me :-) I'm playing w/ my son Ian a lot, and working part-time and finishing my B.S. and applying to grad school for next fall, so I AM still (...) (22 years ago, 7-Nov-02, to lugnet.space)

studies
(score: 0.349)

  Re: Fun with Space

(...) <snip> OK, here we go.... (URL) is a small freighter that I am currently working on. I has room for 3 cargo containers (4 x 8) plus living quarters. I have a few hours in it, mostly just staring at the living quarters thinking "it's just not (...) (22 years ago, 21-Oct-02, to lugnet.space)

studies
(score: 0.346)

  Re: This topic sounds familiar... (was Re: NBA)

I just read this whole thread so far (although didn't read the previous threads on the subject). This is a tough one. I can see valid arguements on both sides. Make all mini-figs based on the original yellow standard, or allow for various skin tones (...) (22 years ago, 28-Sep-02, to lugnet.general)

studies
(score: 0.344)

  Re: Is this an overreaction and a violation of rights?

(...) <snip> (...) Now here's a debate I'm so moveable on is not really funny--my girlfriend, taking the courses at the Institute of Christian Studies, expounds the ideals that come with PM--that there is literally no one "right way" of doing (...) (22 years ago, 24-Sep-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

studies
(score: 0.343)

  Re: Those stupid liberal judges are at it again!

(...) I don't have a lot to contribute to this debate, but this idea is invariably introduced at some point, and it needs careful examination. The problem with the statistic you've cited is that it is *very* difficult to establish a causative (...) (22 years ago, 20-Sep-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

studies
(score: 0.343)

  Re: We realy have to stop this

(...) Hmm...I'd say it's more on the dormant side, at least until lego releases some new castle themes. (...) I see your point. I'm thinking if paul could somehow allow someone else to continue castleworld, that's fine with me. I'm pretty sure (...) (22 years ago, 10-Sep-02, to lugnet.castle)

studies
(score: 0.341)

  Re: time to get what we want

(...) Awesome! I've heard such good things about NZ. I hope I get a chance to visit there one day. A friend of mine just got from Ireland and now I have an apetite for that, too! (...) Cool, take care and be safe. My sister just finished her studies (...) (22 years ago, 5-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.il)

studies
(score: 0.341)

  Re: Thoughts on Community & Censorship (Was: Re: Brickshelf censorship policy rules.....)

(...) "Want it to be" or "Make it be", I think this may be semantics. Either way, my point is that this is an established (yet evolving) community that currently accepts among its members both people who may dislike certain content and those who may (...) (22 years ago, 5-Sep-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

studies
(score: 0.341)

  Re: Definitions: LUG or LTC

"Steve Barile" <steve.e.barile@intel.com> wrote in message news:H1vuHB.Lqs@lugnet.com... (...) are: (...) acquaintances)... (...) I've been thinking as to reply to this when it comes to SCLTC. Our LTC came from ideas of other LTCs in the U.S. Most (...) (22 years ago, 5-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

studies
(score: 0.341)

More:  Next Page >>