 Space / 18791
18790  |  18792
Subject:
thx all
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 7 Nov 2002 23:20:43 GMT

In lugnet.space, Tony Alexander writes:
Paul,
    Keep believing in yourself; look to the little things in life, the
simple pleasures (maybe you could bring just some of your Lego collection to
the apartment...) and everything will work out for the best.
    A year and a half ago, I was unemployed and homeless, and I can speak
from experience when saying that sometimes when it seems darkest, a glimmer
of true light will guide you on your path.  I stayed in touch via library
computers and found that the simplest things, like playing with Lego pieces,
kept me in touch with a part of me that dreams and hopes.
    Don't be gone too long...a lot of people will miss you.

Peace and Long Life,
Tony Alexander

thx much for this.
and thx to everyone who replied to my post.  you can't
know how comforting it is to me :-)

I'm playing w/ my son Ian a lot, and working part-time
and finishing my B.S. and applying to grad school for
next fall, so I AM still living life in a very participatory
way (in fact, its kind of nice to get out of the rat race
and the 40 hr/wk and all).

Something is brewing in Life for me (not sure what),
but I can feel the seed germinating.  Life is like
kayaking, you can't control the river or the rocks
but if you go with the flow you'll get where you
are supposed to.  I never felt that I was supposed
to end up w/ just a day job.  Most of my studies at
school are setting me up for ruling (er, changing)
the world ;-)

Still cleaning up the apt, too.  Who knows, maybe
I'll end up w/ some lego space yet :-)

peace
-p