  Search Results: cleaning old bricks
 Results 1521 – 1540 of about 52000.
Search took 0.02 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Nicely now. What do you think of the new colors?

(...) Jake, Thanks for asking. The new colors are fine. The lost of the old colors is what scares me. Why? AFOL numbers do not qualify for a product dedicated to us, but up until now the principles of never-ending compatibility have meant that we (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jan-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

old, bricks
(score: 0.893)

  Re: Have *YOU* contacted LEGO customer service re: the gray color change?

(...) (snipped for brevity) Nope. Not gonna. Don't care. The old greys are muddy and weird. There, I said it. Now let the "A"F(reaks!)oL self-appointed sergeants-at-arms have at me for speaking heresy. If I never read another highlighted post about (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jan-04, to lugnet.general, FTX) !

old, bricks
(score: 0.893)

  Studless Technic models

Hi, last of my today's spam flood ;-) As I've built Backhoe yesterday, I still don't get that Lego move. Why did they replace _ALL_ technic bricks with studless beams? I think that the beams have 'right to live', for styling the outer parts they're (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic)

old, bricks
(score: 0.893)

  Re: Nicely now. What do you think of the new colors?

"Jake McKee" <jacob.mckee@america.lego.com> wrote in message news:HrInyA.22B1@lugnet.com... (...) to be (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) For the most part, I have stayed out of the color debate. I appreciate the opportunity to comment on this topic, (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jan-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

old, bricks
(score: 0.893)

  Re: Nicely now. What do you think of the new colors?

(...) I'll agree on that. It will be a choise between buying or NOT buying any new Lego set :-( Of cause I had to buy one just to see the colors for myself. This is my conclusion on the colors: 1. I like the new grey. It is actually more clear in (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

old, bricks
(score: 0.893)

  Re: Purpose of part 32072

"Jindroush" <jindroush@nospam.se...nospam.cz> wrote in message news:40080449.557759...spam.cz... (...) things (...) bevel gear (...) of (...) against. (...) I also wondered why they used this gear in the backhoe-model when I built it the first (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic)

old, bricks
(score: 0.893)

  Re: Nicely now. What do you think of the new colors?

Here is what I think of the new colors. Firstly, from a business standpoint: 1) The color change is baffling. In a time when the LEGO company is in finanial straits, and each business decision it makes becomes the more crucial, how could it possibly (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jan-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

old, bricks
(score: 0.893)

  Re: Nicely now. What do you think of the new colors?

Believe it or not, as outspoken as I sometimes am, this is my very first post on the color issue, here and on other forums. I'll word it so you'll be able to directly pass it on to colleagues/Billund. Dear Lego, I applaud the fact that you have come (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

old, bricks
(score: 0.893)

  Re: Nicely now. What do you think of the new colors?

(...) I don't have any of the new color pieces yet, but I've seen the new greys. I haven't seen the other new colors (e.g. brown) however. I think the real problem is that the old greys are too yellowish, not that there's anything wrong with the new (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

old, bricks
(score: 0.893)

  Re: Nicely now. What do you think of the new colors?

(...) Jake, thanks for giving us the opportunity to be heard. Honestly, at first I didn't care about the color change because I didn't think it would be a big deal, but now I am concerned. I don't buy LEGO at the same pace as some of the people (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

old, bricks
(score: 0.893)

  Re: Nicely now. What do you think of the new colors?

If I had to pick my favorite ever LEGO color, it would have to be (the old) dark gray. Don't know why, I've just always thought that a dash of dark gray always adds something good to a model asthetically. It's going to take me a while to adjust to (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jan-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

old, bricks
(score: 0.893)

  Re: Nicely now. What do you think of the new colors?

Bottom line - I think the color change is a huge mistake. Jake, I appreciate you taking the initiative to do some fact finding on this. And I cannot pass up this opportunity to offer my views. I have been a Lego fan since 1974 when my mother put a (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

old, bricks
(score: 0.893)

  Re: Studless Technic models

(...) Jindrich, I also understand both sides of the argument. I see uses for both types of pieces, so I'm not hard core in either direction. (...) Also, I hope you understood my question about what it was you were concerned about. I just wanted to (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic)

old, bricks
(score: 0.893)

  Re: Nicely now. What do you think of the new colors?

(...) VERY GOOD MOVE, Jake! IMHO, life is full of changes and that's why it makes it interesting and chalenging. We can all adapt in every situations. I understand the concern of certain AFOLs, and here are my thoughts: -First, WHY this decision? I (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

old, bricks
(score: 0.893)

  Re: Nicely now. What do you think of the new colors?

I've just got a small amount of the new grey's in the Imperial Shuttle. Whilst the both colors are fine as part colors, and could be usefull in some models, i feel that i much prefer the origional grey bricks as general parts. The old grey is much (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

old, bricks
(score: 0.893)

  Re: Studless Technic models

(...) Don't catch my on my every word, please, I'm not a native speaker so expressing some subtle feelings and so are rather hard for me ;-) I just think of studded beams/holed plates as a 'compatibility layer' between System and Technic. My old 744 (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic)

old, bricks
(score: 0.893)

  Re: Nicely now. What do you think of the new colors?

First of all Jake let me say thanks for providing us the stage to say what we think despite the fact you know it probably won't be good things:-( I am a LEGO fan for the last 23 years I think or so since I got my very first LEGO set and mainly a (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

old, bricks
(score: 0.893)

  Re: 4504 Millenium Falcon Pictures on FBTB - with mis-matched grays????

snip (...) Rebelsum has some really super hi res pictures posted here: (URL) Looks like a really nice set. As for the color change, if you look at this (URL) picture> of the alternate model, everyone will get a good chance to see how badly the new (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jan-04, to lugnet.starwars, FTX)

old, bricks
(score: 0.893)

  Re: Nicely now. What do you think of the new colors?

I've now got my first firsthand experience with the new colors, so here goes: LT gray is so close, I wonder why you bothered at all. Old Dk grey is better for rocks and earthly matters New dk grey is kind of more interesting to look at. As far as (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

old, bricks
(score: 0.893)

  Re: Nicely now. What do you think of the new colors?

Jake - I don't like the change to the colours. I think it's a big mistake. I'm aged 30, and I've been buying Lego for myself for 25 years. Bricks and plates have been available in light grey for that long, as have mini-figures. I regard both as (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

old, bricks
(score: 0.893)

More:  Next Page >>