  Search Results: brad justus <10>10
 Results 1301 – 1320 of about 3900.
Search took 0.00 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Architectural History Resources On-Line?

Does anyone know of any good architectural history resources on-line? I'm specifically looking for the equivalent of an art history text focusing on architecture, but with lots of pictorial examples. So far, I've been using a combination of (...) (25 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.build.arch)

brad
(score: 1.198)

  Re: Architectural History Resources On-Line?

Perhaps my method of using college texts and then looking up specific buildings or movements on the web is the appropriate technique? I just find that the art cannot be appreciated without sufficient visual input. The problem is that most internet (...) (25 years ago, 17-Mar-00, to lugnet.build.arch)

brad
(score: 1.198)

  I really like the new LUGNET search feature

That set search feature on the main LUGNET page is really handy. I was momentarily annoyed when it first appeared (even though I had read Tod's warning), but now I really like it. I used to have to keep two favorites - One for the main LUGNET page, (...) (25 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

brad
(score: 1.198)

  Re: I just died and went to lego heaven...

Drat! I'll probably never get to go there, but just in case, is it open to the public? If I happen to be in Boston, can you just show up and go in, or do you have to have to know someone???? Thanks Shiri Dori <shirid@hotmail.com> wrote in message (...) (25 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos)

brad
(score: 1.198)

  LEGO availability in Europe vs. US

There used to be many sets (like the 12V train sets) that you couldn't get in the US that were available in Europe. I haven't known this to be the case lately. I'm planning on going to Europe soon. Does anyone know if there are sets I should watch (...) (25 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

brad
(score: 1.198)

  Some new belville-themed town buildings

I just posted a message about the new buildings and pictures on my web site. Of special interested to this group might be the following Belville-themed buildings: The Cutie Store: (URL) Grocery Adventure; (URL) main link is at: (URL) anyone else put (...) (25 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.belville)

brad
(score: 1.198)

  Re: Some new belville-themed town buildings

Thanks Shiri, I've thought about trying to tie them (the big pink pointed pieces) into a castle somehow, but this would be even more challenging than a town building. Interestingly enough, I found a famouse rococo-styled building whose facade (...) (25 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.belville, lugnet.build.arch)

brad
(score: 1.198)

  Re: Some new belville-themed town buildings

Oops - I put the reference to the 'famous" building, but I didn't notice that Shiri had clipped the original link to my LEGO building that bears a similarity (at least I think so): (URL) Hamilton <bhamilto1@home.com> wrote in message (...) (25 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.belville, lugnet.build.arch)

brad
(score: 1.198)

  Has anyone used the big Belville cream castle part or pink spire in a mini-fig castle?

I'm curious if anyone has tried to create a credible looking castle using either the Belville pink spire piece (the big clear one) or the cream, round castle pillar? (25 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

brad
(score: 1.198)

  Re: Has anyone used the big Belville cream castle part or pink spire in a mini-fig castle?

Cool - I look forward to it. In case you didn't see it in my Belville post, here is my town building using the pink, pointy spires: (URL) White <aztekium@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:Frwvw5.2r7@lugnet.com... (...) using (...) round (...) F (...) (25 years ago, 25-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

brad
(score: 1.198)

  Re: Has anyone used the big Belville cream castle part or pink spire in a mini-fig castle?

I like your excuse when buying Belville. I have an NLF (Non-LEGO Fiancee), so I always have the excuse ready that they are for her! (...) (25 years ago, 25-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

brad
(score: 1.198)

  Re: LEGO availability in Europe vs. US

Hey - Those controllers are great for running extra lights and motors. In fact, on my old layout, I used my train controller to control some motors on wind-mills because it made them run at a very slow speed, and I used one of my mindstorms outputs (...) (25 years ago, 25-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

brad
(score: 1.198)

  Re: Legoland and beverage license

Disney World has similar limitations at EPCOT center. I guess they want to provide alchohol for a little variety (and to make more profit), but they don't want people getting out of hand. Dave Stiles <Turbowolf@aol.com> wrote in message (...) (25 years ago, 25-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

Hmm - I never thought about those doors. The trick would be to make the scale look right (for mini-figs). Paul Davidson <tinman@direct.ca> wrote in message news:FryDqy.4xG@lugnet.com... (...) using (...) (25 years ago, 25-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

brad
(score: 1.198)

  Re: Some new belville-themed town buildings

(...) the (...) range, (...) know (...) I was originally very antagonistic towards the new colors. However, I found out that they all mix nicely with plain old white bricks. Green also seems to mix well with just about all the new colors. (...) (25 years ago, 25-Mar-00, to lugnet.belville)

brad
(score: 1.198)

  Re: FOTW! what a steal!

heh, heh - I scored a huge bin full of lots of castle stuff from the son of a lady at work for only $100. There was well over $1,000 worth of LEGO (at original retail)! He wanted to get rid of his LEGO stuff because he was more into skateboards and (...) (25 years ago, 25-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

brad
(score: 1.198)

  Re: FOTW! what a steal!

Hmm - I have a few, but it's true, I haven't seen them lately. Paul Davidson <tinman@direct.ca> wrote in message news:Fryy7u.DMx@lugnet.com... (...) in (...) f-men's (...) yellow (...) (25 years ago, 25-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

brad
(score: 1.198)

  Set 6095 on sale at Target for $11.95

My local target (In Rancho Santa Margarita, CA) had about 5 6095's (Royal Joust) for almost half-price ( $11.95 ). They are usually $19.95. I only bought one, so there are still more. They had a few small old ninja sets on sale too, but I didn't (...) (25 years ago, 26-Mar-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

brad
(score: 1.198)

  Re: Non-gray castles or "What I did with all the bulk bricks"

I used red for my gatehouse, and gray for the main walls. (URL) (25 years ago, 26-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

brad
(score: 1.198)

  Re: Maglev Train

That's VERY cool. Not being privy to a monorail set, I've been trying to build an elevated railway for a long time now. I never thought about the possibility of using the toothed rails as the driving mechanism. Alan Gerber (...) (25 years ago, 26-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

brad
(score: 1.198)

More:  Next Page >>