  Search Results: all rights are property rights
 Results 161 – 180 of about 136000.
Search took 0.02 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Goodness of Man? (was: Re: Merry Christmas from the Libertarian Party

(...) Wouldn't you then have legal recourse to sue (or whatever) that person for stealing? After all, it's your goods he's profiting from, without your permission, neh? <snippage> (...) Under a Libertarian system (which is one of the premises to (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.214)

  LDraw.org Bylaws Draft v.3

This is a re-post of the bylaws draft, adding a new Section 6.02 and 6.05 (causing some clauses to be re-numbered), per discussion here: (URL) This copy of the draft supercedes the draft this message is in reply to. If there are any modifications to (...) (21 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.214)

  LDraw.org Bylaws Draft v.4

This is a re-post of the bylaws draft, correcting the (URL) oversight Ross Crawford pointed out>, and correcting a mistake I caught in Subsection 6.03(e). In that section, we neglected to change "Executive Committee" to "Steering Committee," after (...) (21 years ago, 11-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.213)

  Re: Goodness of Man? (was: Re: Merry Christmas from the Libertarian Party

(...) I don't see how you can support ideas as property at all. Remember that this means that if a person happens to have the exact same idea, independently of the other guy (and this has happened before - see Gutenberg and the others as a canonical (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.212)

  Art and Property ZRights

(...) I'm going to step out on a limb here, and try and weave something together from the two debates we have going on. ASSERTIONS: 1. Art is something that is created with intent to evoke an emotional response. 2. The VALUE of art is something (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.212)

  Re: Merry Christmas from the Libertarian Party

(...) If they are not involved in any control of drugs (for example not a politician, cop, or parent), and they aren't still doing drugs, nothing other than perhaps acknowledge that yes, they did do drugs . If they are a parent trying to keep their (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.212)

  Re: Libertarian stuff (Was: Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?])

(...) Not at all! ;-) It simply guarantees that those who have money, be they individuals or corporations, will continute to have money and the best that it can buy, from education to property (which could thereupon be protected by these nebulous (...) (25 years ago, 11-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.212)

  Re: Merry Christmas from the Libertarian Party

(...) " 'Dubya " is a nickname I've heard used for George W. Bush. Say his middle initial slowly, and put a little Texas drawl into it and "double U" mutates into "dubya". I think it may actually have been Gary Trudeau (Doonsbury author) that coined (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.211)

  Re: Goodness of Man? (was: Re: Merry Christmas from the Libertarian Party

(...) That, dear Larry, is what one would call "sarcasm". To restate more clearly: Pure libertarians (or so I've been led to believe)(which you obviously don't come under by this definition) want to do without government altogether. I've talked with (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.210)

  Re: Goodness of Man? (was: Re: Merry Christmas from the Libertarian Party

My capitalist running dog lackey Frank Filz answered most of this append faster and better than I could. However a few points remain... (...) You can do that if you wish. Coke did, seems to work for them. However if someone else susses it out, (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.209)

  Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?]

(...) "Rule" is a complicated word, of course. KJV says "let them have dominion over". I don't know what the original hebrew uses, or the cultural implications of the concept when this was put into writing. My understanding is that ancient hebrew (...) (25 years ago, 11-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.209)

  RFC: An Alternative..

Disclaimers ===...=== First off, I don't have the benefit of being incredibly smart, so there are bound to be holes. But even the simplest idea can spark others into greater feats of insight and imagination - hopefully that will be the case. I (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.205)

  IP (was: Re: Any suggestions on a homepage?)

(...) You can see content when you "view source"... Anyway, how do you make that view jive with your copyright views? Let's get back to those, in a separate thread. I can't even find the appropriate posts anymore. You've said earlier that you think (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.205)

  Re: Libertarian stuff (Was: Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?])

(...) Hmm. The riots in Seattle were from WTO disagreements, wasn't it? People, no matter what they believe in, sometimes do evil things. I think some the riots were caused by the civil unrest of the country, which have ironed out somewhat. I think (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.205)

  Re: IP (was: Re: Any suggestions on a homepage?)

(...) What I am talking abouit is where I use a desktop-class machine, sold by say Compaq (because I have a contract with them to supply all my machinery), instead of the server class machine or router they wopuld otherwise have sold me. (...) (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.204)

  Re: stuff (was: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?])

(...) Any tax, across the board, incents some behaviours and disincents others. Broadly, there seem to be at least three classes of taxation, although there may be others. These are: Income - a tax on the production of wealth Sales - a tax on the (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.204)

  Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?]

(...) I agree with you. I don't think that's the argument, though. I would expect that a defense of "we truly believed this was a good insulator, our research aligned with everyone elses" ought to carry some weight. Not get the company off scot (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.199)

  Re: Intolerance and property rights

(...) This came up before and I don't have a satisfactory answer. I think one is out there, I just haven't taken the time to catalog all the stakeholders and determine their rights. My knee jerk was that IP *is* property. So you have the right not (...) (25 years ago, 12-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.197)

  Re: "Justice Probes eBay for Antitrust"

Susan, I don't want to start a brawl with you but I disagree with several of the points you're making. You're new here, so you may not know me and my stances, which I do not hesitate to articulate, and which I do so quite vigorously. Don't take this (...) (25 years ago, 5-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.193)

  Re: Mormon bashing again

Bill Farkas wrote in message ... (...) in (...) similar (...) endorsing or (...) that (...) not (...) merely (...) which is (...) Ah, but the Ten Commandments are MORE than an example of the basic principles, here they are for reference: 1 - Thou (...) (25 years ago, 3-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 4.182)

More:  Next Page >>