  Search Results: Mindstorms redownload firmware
 Results 741 – 760 of about 14000.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Rotation sensor bug found

(...) Excellent idea. This would yield the default settings dead-on. (...) Scaling isn't about the final output. The final output is already in the standard format. Scaling is about shifting the raw sensor values displayed by the firmware six digits (...) (25 years ago, 20-Apr-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

firmware
(score: 1.538)

  .rcx alternative firmware group/list

(...) John and several other people are set up with the new group and successfully posting to it, so this info is for anyone else: lugnet.robotics.rcx is a newsgroup running on the lugnet.com newsserver and it is available via e-mail as (...) (25 years ago, 10-May-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.admin.general)

firmware
(score: 1.538)

  Re: Something else is needed, I think...(long)

In article <000101be94cb$a8fd58...a@pro150>, Ralph Hempel <rhempel@bmts.com> writes (...) My QBasic program available from www.phesk.demon.co.uk/lego/ can download the Lego firmware from DOS - where can I find your new firmware to test it with, (...) (25 years ago, 3-May-99, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.538)

  Re: FW: Something else is needed, I think...

(...) What about instead of creating a full featured firmware that will never be good enough for *everything* we want to do, we create a dynamic firmware downloader that we could specify what we would want to download? I could say for instants that (...) (25 years ago, 4-May-99, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.538)

  Re: Rotation sensor bug found

(...) This seems the best approach to me too. My problem is I don't know if I am able to do such a thing :-) (...) I know your site and know you've done a LOT of hard work to understand and explain both RCX hardware and original firmware code. Mario (25 years ago, 21-Apr-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

firmware
(score: 1.538)

  Re: Reading sensors at equal intervals.

(...) <snip> (...) That looks like a "no" then... How does the timing of tasks work? I seem to recall reading somewhere that the firmware executes the tasks in sequence - is there any timing element to this, or does it just do task 1, then (...) (25 years ago, 26-Apr-99, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.538)

  Re: Something else is needed, I think...

(...) I am not sure how much you can extend the capabilities of the firmware while maintaining its basic dispatch loop. There are some very basic design constraints that would be difficult to change without redoing all of the firmware. If you (...) (25 years ago, 3-May-99, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.537)

  Re: Something else is needed, I think...

(...) I guess it depends on what you want in your firmware. I have been working on my own object-oriented kernel, and I have written an object-oriented kernel for an embedded I/O controller before, and it is a big job. That is just the OS, not (...) (25 years ago, 3-May-99, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.537)

  A robot who knows his position

I had some success in my first experiment with odometry. My goal was to build and program a bot that at every moment knows where he is. My creature uses a very simple and standard differential-drive: two large independent driving wheels on the left (...) (25 years ago, 27-Apr-99, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.537)

  Newbie Question

With all the talk about improving the 'add-on' software/firmware, has anyone attempted to add-on or upgrade the supplied software with the kit? If it's so limited, yet is a good design for newbies, can't it be improved so people that know how to use (...) (25 years ago, 6-May-99, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.537)

  Re: Something else is needed, I think...

(...) I agree on this point. I've been forced to move to legOS not by intrinsic NQC limitations but by those imposed by the RCX firmware. I still prefer to use RcxCC/NQC when I don't need legOS: programs load much faster, it's a pleasant and (...) (25 years ago, 3-May-99, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.537)

  Re: Something else is needed, I think...

(...) The point is that you still need some OS running on the bare hardware. The standard firmware isn't going to let you do what you need, and you still need something like LegOS anyway. Unless you want to recreate an OS from scratch (which is a (...) (25 years ago, 2-May-99, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.537)

  Re: Some comments (long)

At 18:22 06-05-1999 Thursday , you wrote: [...] (...) [...] Yes, that's a good idea since CyberMaster does accept a downloadable firmware, you can simply pretend it never existed and use all the CyberMaster specific opcodes as you wish. Laurentino (...) (25 years ago, 6-May-99, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.537)

  Request for new list

I request that the discussions of alternate firmware implementation details go into their own newsgroup now. Discussions about features can be crossposted to both lists. There were several requests recently to create a new group for newbies to (...) (25 years ago, 7-May-99, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.537)

  Re: FW: Something else is needed, I think...

(...) Do you mean, when a timer reaches a certain value, run a specified task? Can't you do this already, or is something broken with the current firmware in this regard? (It seem that some combination of wait and start_task should do the trick, (...) (25 years ago, 4-May-99, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.536)

  Re: Something else is needed, I think...

(...) ??? I think you are making a new interpreter sound harder than it really is. The standard firmware might not be incredibly fast, but it certainly supports multithreading, and synchronization wouldn't be hard to add. The only challenging thing (...) (25 years ago, 4-May-99, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.536)

  Re: RCX and Java

(...) I doubt anyone is considering using the RCX with any OS/language in a hard real-time system. The original firmware nor any of the replacements make the proper guarantees required for such a system (ie, a deadline-based scheduler), and I have (...) (25 years ago, 4-May-99, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.536)

  Re: Something else is needed, I think...

I think that a good solution would be to have Legos work as a true operating system that stayed loaded in the brick and would accept downloading compiled programs for it to run. Maybe the firmware replacement idea that has been tossed around could (...) (25 years ago, 3-May-99, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.536)

  Re: Something else is needed, I think...

(...) Maybe the JVM is, in spirit, close to what we want; but can you honestly say that porting the JVM to the RCX will be easier than writing something from scratch, perhaps using some of the better features of the JVM as inspiration? I personally (...) (25 years ago, 3-May-99, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.536)

  Re: Some comments (long) (was: Something else is needed, I think...)

Mark Tarrabain wrote in message <3730DE97.EFB3BF9A@l....bc.ca>... (...) It is probably true that a floating-point library cannot (should not?) be built into the firmware. It would probably be better for this to be supported by the compiler(s). But (...) (25 years ago, 6-May-99, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.536)

More:  Next Page >>