 Robotics / 4780
Re: Something else is needed, I think...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 3 May 1999 18:43:18 GMT

I think that a good solution would be to have Legos work as a true
operating system that stayed loaded in the brick and would accept
downloading compiled programs for it to run.  Maybe the firmware
replacement idea that has been tossed around could be written via
LegOs.  It could accept standard and extended bytecode instructions.

I agree that LegOs may be too steep of a learning curve for someone who
just has time to tinker around and yet has reached the limitations of the
existing firmware.

As someone else has noted, pbForth may be a good solution, but I haven't
had a chance to try it.  Mainly because I don't have time to learn a new
language right now.

Joel Shafer    joel@connect.net