  *91788 (-20)
  Re: How many sets?

(...) Not if you want to run the risk of the LUGNET grammer police gettinged you. Richard (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Suggestion for MLCad Plug-Ins

(...) [snip] (...) Love the idea! I think something like this is just what we need to be able to consolidate cad utilities into one easy to use interface. For example, there could be L2P and L3P plugins written so you can access them from MLCad in a (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Poor packaging by TLC (was: Has any one else noticed...)

(...) agreed. (...) I picked up 4 Mos Espa sets this week on clearance at Target. Every set had been torn in at least one or two places, mostly at the lid corners, as if someone was trying to get the box open. Some tears were 6-8 inches long. I only (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  F/A on eBay - my last sealed 6769 Fort LEGOREDO

Subject says it all. My first one did ok so I decided to post my last sealed copy there as well. I'll make do with my 2 complete but open copies and the parts from several more than I broke up last year. :) (URL) The parts you want and nothing else? (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: New images of Dino sets

(...) Actually, it was San Diego. I am a fan of the JP movies, and in an amazing coincidence, JP3, which will be filming in Florida and California, arrives in theatres Memorial Day, around the time the new sets come out. (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: How many sets?

(...) Especially in pink. There is a pink hotel I want to MOC. Ray (can I do that ? can I use MOC as a verb and get away with it ? :-) ) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: FREEBIE: "The Ultimate LEGO book" from DK

We have a winner! Frank Buiting sent in a story and poem combined which made me smile the most, not least because it describes a Christmas tradition that I would like to adopt! This is the tradition of giving gifts with a small poem attached - for (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.fun.community)

  mini treads

I just bought a 6573 Arctic Expedition. its a new theme with lego. What got a gear head like me interested in a non-technic set was the new "mini-tread" A pic of the set is here: (URL) my great disappointment I discovered that the wheel does not (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: WTD: Two pair black Ninja "fortress" doors

(...) [reaching down in bag and pulling out a MISB Robbers' Retreat] On the front of the box, they look (shiny) brown, but I think that is a lighting effect. On the back (in two different pictures) they look black. I think they are black. Ray (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: SV: Sensor Project Book Scans

(...) Copyright law does indeed allow copying under a number of 'fair use' guidelines. I seriously doubt, however, that any court would consider scanning the entire book and posting it on a publicly available web site as 'fair use'. I'm not (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: DixieLUG ?

I second that, the 22nd is *much* better for me than the 29th. On the 29th I have a conflict with the SO being out-of-town. On the 29th I would have to bring the mutt (pooch, dawg, whichever) with me ;) Ray (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ga)

  Re: tall tales dept.

(...) I've heard of this before. It's probably true. (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: subassemblies

What you are talking about has previously been called 'LEGO Design Cliches' by Fred Martin. Fred has written a paper called The Art of LEGO Design which features some of these cliches and is well worth the read. You can find it linked in .pdf form (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: NQC beta test release policy

(...) Illogical yes, but not without its reasons. The exclusion of linux and source from beta isn't really a result of any policy, but just to make things more convenient for me. Here's why... I don't have 24/7 access to a linux box, so making a (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: RF Connection To RCX

Hi! I also try to use RF to replace IR communication. My idea, to create a RF/IR two way adapter and to make an RF tower connected with PC. The adapter taped with RCX can receive RF signals from PC and pass to RCX by using IR emitter. And if RCX (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Automatic decoupler designs?

(...) The covers of the Kadee coupler boxes are held together with a touch on each side by a soldering iron, melting the plastic together along the whole length of the coupler box. You can super glue them of course, but depending on the type of (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How many sets?

Frank Filz wrote in message <3874C9DD.58E@mindsp...ng.com>... (...) It's a shame Conan doesn't participate here. I'm dying to know how he acquired so many pieces. He must be as rich as Bill Gates! :) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Tough to find pieces

Jeff Johnston wrote in message <38749C87.8BAB846D@m...ne.net>... (...) were (...) to (...) set (...) a (...) I have offered this explanation before, that 6077 contains a different cylinder than 677, but I am not really sure about that. I know the (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: How to build Castle Light

I have used Christmas Tree mini-lights in the past with pleasing results. I thread the string through my castle, (or preferably under it, assuming you haven't used a huge prefab base). I conceal little lights in the various rooms that seem (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Another take on the dacta castle set

Jonathan Wilson wrote in message <3873C804.8AE6167E@x...il.com>... (...) FWIW, this sounds reasonable to me. As much as I disagree with JW, I do agree on this point, that some sets are made to clear out excess parts. I am sure, upon occasion, TLC (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact