 Marketplace / Theory / 753
Re: tall tales dept.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2000 04:10:42 GMT

o  The WM stock person (10-year badge no less): "well, we mark it down
until someone buys it. After it gets to 90% off and it sits there for a
month or so, we hack up the packages, toss it in the dumpster and pour
red paint all over it"  I think this one was for real. It made my heart
skip a beat to think of what might have gone into that dumpster. After
all, this is the only WM I know that *still* has 3 'Skeleton Crew' on
the shelf (at retail).

I've heard of this before. It's probably true.