 Robotics / 9795
Re: SV: Sensor Project Book Scans
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2000 04:10:03 GMT

In article <000001bf58b8$3e0e1400$31930ac1@m67jp6b5>, "Jari Pyyluoma"
<jari-pyy@dsv.su.se> wrote:

I have uploaded my scans of the Sensor Projects Book from Radio Shack = • to
my website.
I'd suggest removing them. Not only is it illegal,

Copying for private use, or for some friends is not illegal, although =
some
people want to make it illegal.

Copyright law does indeed allow copying under a number of 'fair use'
guidelines.  I seriously doubt, however, that any court would consider
scanning the entire book and posting it on a publicly available web site
as 'fair use'.

I'm not commenting on the morality involved - just the legality.

Dave Baum

--
reply to: dbaum at enteract dot com