  *85063 (-20)
  Re: Gungan "energy ball" ammo (was "Re: Updated again")

(...) Too big, IMHO. I like them being blue cylinders--I use those a lot more, and it means that I have plenty of ammo already in my collection. :) best, LFB (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Policy clarification regarding catalogs

(...) Possibly true. But: 1) I don't want to see people kicked off of LUGnet over it. 2) More importantly, by tacitly allowing claims like this, we lose our freedoms. I know, that sounds melodramatic. But: the "you have to go through our front (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Next year's catalogue yet anyone?

Which European country will be first this year, I wonder? Lat year it was Holland, If my memory serves... Huw (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.eu)

  Re: The end of the Technic beam is nigh...

Mark Koesel <koesel@umich.edu> wrote in message news:FMwICB.ID3@lugnet.com... (...) Oh, I forgot the 'launch' slopes' raised baseplates which are studless. Huw (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: The end of the Technic beam is nigh...

Mark Koesel <koesel@umich.edu> wrote in message news:FMwICB.ID3@lugnet.com... (...) available (...) I have not yet built it, but a cursory glance through the bags reveals only one new part, which we have already seen pictures of: the 3x5 (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Burp Adventure Pack For Sale!

(...) (after shipping) for a single BURP? Heck, I'll start a reverse auction right here - I'll ship BURPs (in dark grey or grey, square or triangle) for $5.00 each. Any takers? ;-) (...) Not against the T&C at all. The only portion of the T&C which (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: The wife problem

Ian Bishop <ian@goodlife.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:JEjHttAuJWV4Eww...n.co.uk... (...) In December the best one is to pretend that the large bag of next year's sets you are bringing in from the car might have her christmas present in, so (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: using "lego" in domain names

(...) It's always nice to hear when people are using our databases and finding them useful. A note on currency of data though, just so you know. Our information comes directly from data tapes from the US PTO and is updated weekly. This information (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Policy clarification regarding catalogs

(...) <snipped bulk of well-thought out post> I agree with you in principle, but I think you're making too much out of this. LEGO is not the first company to claim more copyright protection than they may be entitled to, or can enforce, and they also (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Burp Adventure Pack For Sale!

Everyone's favorite set, the Burp Adventure Pack is available on e-bay, but without instructions or box. Check it out at (URL) OK. It's probably against LUGNET terms of use to post an announcement of someone else's auction, but I couldn't resist (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Slave-I factoids!

(...) having it be a brick will make it easier to make a carbon freezing chamber- it will fit into a slot better. I'm playing with some ideas- Han goes down, turn it around and up pops frozen Han. Any other ideas on how to do this? Chris (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Slave-I factoids!

(...) Well, space helmets have to be removed before you can turn your astronauts' heads, which in the vacuum of space isn't very practical, either! 8^) Dave! (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Slave-I factoids!

(...) I feel good. And, I knew that I would! Mike (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Slave-I factoids!

(...) How insulting! (...) Actually, the paint could wear off. Then you'd be fresh out of a Han Solo carbonyte piece, or a stupid-looking one, at that. Mike (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Slave-I factoids!

(...) <Snipped muchly> I don't precisely like it as is, but I'm fairly certain I would get positively *sick* of it the other way (as a molded sarcaphogus type piece). I mean, as is, I can at least us it as a brick - the other way, it's never going (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Cross posting in eu (was: Aaargh!)

(...) IMHO, I don't agree. I'd surely be quite upset finding a non-english (and non-italian of course :-) message in loc.eu I see cross-posting as a great advantage, but I can't see the advantage of writing in other languages in this NG... Every (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.eu, lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: c'e' gente simpatica in giro che non ha nulla di buono da fare

(...) "Just a polite enlightenment." dice Eric. In effetti, non ho trovato minimamente offensivo il suo post, che anzi può esserci utile per ricordare di controllare il cross-posting. Aggiungo come parere personale che mi darebbe abbastanza fastidio (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: Slave-I factoids!

(...) I'm going to don my asbestos armor here and say that I *like* the way they did Han in carbonite. It feels very... lego-correct, whereas a complicated molded piece would be... clunky. I dunno. I still haven't seen the set (augh!) so I'll shut (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ritocchi al sito ItLUG

(...) Netscape 4.5 Italiano. Stesso problema. Ciao Giulio (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: Lego Electric Clutch

(...) Closest thing that comes to mind is the #5120 Polarity Switch - that would be a mechanical way to control electric power. LEGO had a Technic set (#8082) a couple of years ago with directions to a model that used a micro-motor to turn the (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

Skipped 6 messages in groups lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.geek (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact