  *83911 (-20)
  Re: 5134 Shooting Cannon Service Packs

(...) US S@H does not have the set in its database. They are still available in the UK, at least through BusyBee Toy Service. Ed (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Mindstorm books?

(...) That is a really nice idea, as you do not have to look far while surfing LUGnet. And on the other hand it keeps the machine working. (How many of us do not own the 2 books by now? Maybe some people write some more books....) Maybe there could (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Super Car?

Any one out there know of any stores that currently have 8448 (red Super Car) on their shelves? I want to try finding one and see if the will price match the TRU add. TRU's around here dried up quick... Eric (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Mindstorm books?

(...) The DDK is virtually unprogrammable and has limited i/o capabilities, so neither book (as far as I'm aware) touches on it. Sorry... -Luis ###...### Profanity is the one language that all programmers understand. -Anonymous ###...### (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: using "lego" in domain names

Then they should go sue the Russian language or Tetris. :) -- Paul Davidson, aka Tinman www.theforce.net | Your Daily Dose of Star Wars www.filmforce.net | Your Daily Dose of Film News Huw Millington <hmillington@cix.co.uk> wrote in message (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  WTB: 12, 14, and 16 stud black beams

Hi all, I'm looking for a couple dozen of the longer (12, 14, and 16 stud) black technic beams. If anyone has a couple or a couple dozen that they'd like to sell I'd be interested in speaking further with them. Thanks, Zac Pollock (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  What are the fins on some steam locomotives for?

At the front end of some steam locomotives, there are two vertical fins. What are they for? Thanks, Hao-yang Wang (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: RCX Output

Hello Joel, Attempting to drive an RC servo directly from the RCX is NOT a good idea! The servo is a three wire device; +4.8V to +6.0V for power (usually the red wire), an approximately 40Hz pulse train of 1.0 to 2.0ms pulses at 0V and +5V logic (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: 8480 Shuttles at ZB - got some extra

(...) Sounds good to me Tom. Thanks a lot! Russell (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Mindstorm books?

<shameful plug> You can also order the books via my Web site at (URL) . I get a small commission from Amazon if you start there. Proceeds will be used to [probably] buy more Lego! </end shameful plug> Hmmm. If we wanted to, we could set up a page to (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Mindstorm books?

(...) Do either of these books pertain to the Droid Developer Kit? Thanks, Carey (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RCX Output

So if you need a 1, 1.5 & 2ms pulse for controlling a servo and you said the low setting in NQC = a 1ms pulse, are there other matching motor speed settings to get a 1.5 or 2ms pulse? (...) Joel Shafer joel@connect.net (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Do you like monorails?

(...) They use the same monorails in Miami. They are called People Movers actually. Systems are in service, AFAIK, in Dallas, Miami, and Sydney. They usually are for small inner-city routes (i.e. the Miami route goes all through downtown and (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: States Go After Online Auctions; $1000 fines

(...) If I am the auctioneer, and not eBay, then why can't I set the terms of bidding (minimum raises, how the auction ends, etc)? It seems to me that semantically, eBay is the auctioneer. (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: 2000 sets yet??

(...) Yes, but releasing them with one week to go isnt going to make much difference. So unless you are ready for the 3 month period, does it really mater when you release them. Still it hasnt stoped them getting them out in the US. And I notice (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: What is 'LDraw?'

(...) Should it stay this way, or should we move towards a more structured organization? If so, what are the criteria for membership? Does the group need a leader(s), and if yes, what is the role(s) of the leader(s)? (...) But it (or the JJ (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: 5134 Shooting Cannon Service Packs

(...) Apparently US children have a mythical ability to blind/choke/impale/f...e/mutilate themselves whenever they're presented with a "shooting" toy, so that some manufacturers avoid making such toys out of a kneejerk fear of kneejerk lawsuits. (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: The War of yellowcastle Storyboard

Very nice indeed Thomas! I have to say that this, the first major attempt by TLC at the Castle series (1982), was in many ways better than the later grey/black castle sets. Although yellow was not the best color to use for castles, it doesn't (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: 5134 Shooting Cannon Service Packs

(...) I haven't ever asked if cannon service packs are available from S@H. If they are, they won't be of the shooting variety. Are these still available in the UK? I might need to get someone to get me some. I've been getting them from Italy, but (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: What lego animals are there?

(...) Isn't that fish a sticker as well? I can't remember for sure, but it seems like it was... Steve (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

Skipped 1 message in group lugnet.off-topic.debate (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact