 Trains / 3167
Re: Do you like monorails?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 18:46:34 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Scott Arthur writes:
I was working on Sydney (Oz) a few months back, and the Mono-rail there had
no driver (or so it appeared). Perhaps this could be a way for TLG to save
money if the ever use mono-rail again?

They use the same monorails in Miami. They are called People Movers actually.
Systems are in service, AFAIK, in Dallas, Miami, and Sydney. They usually are
for small inner-city routes (i.e. the Miami route goes all through downtown
and connects with the subway, which only crosses through downtown with two
stations) It would be really nice if LEGO started offering new People Mover
style monorails.