 Trains / 3396
Re: Do you like monorails?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 13:07:19 GMT

Shiri wrote:

Errr... My (former) best friend had the 6991 when I was in fourth grade, but I
wasn't obsessed with LEGO then.
When I asked her about it some two years ago, and offered to buy it, she said
it belonged to a friend of the family, but she didn't remember who, and that
it was only borrowed. She also said they returned it a long time ago.

I was lucky to get that 6990. I also have had many bad luck stories with
the brick. But, that is being a LEGO addict is all about, huh?

I'm guessing you meant months? Hmmm... saving moths...  :-)

It is very difficult to cash in moths, you have to drag the manager into
it, and set up trading, etc. It is very tedious sometimes... :)

I want the airport shuttle SO MUCH!!!

It goes for much more than $150 nowadays, right?

Yeah, it goes for around 400.00. I would rather starve then sell that
baby!

Me Too!!! Tell me if they ever do!

Well, if that LEGO Direct thing takes off, maybe they can at least get
some monorail accessory packs or something.

In lugnet.trains, Scott Arthur writes:
They use the same monorails in Miami. They are called People Movers
actually.
Systems are in service, AFAIK, in Dallas, Miami, and Sydney. They usually
are for small inner-city routes (i.e. the Miami route goes all through
downtown and connects with the subway, which only crosses through downtown with two
stations) It would be really nice if LEGO started offering new People
Mover style monorails.

Yeah, it would be such a great addition to town.

Then again, TLC doesn't often do good things for town nowadays...  :-(   (1)

That's for sure. Detroit also has a people mover, BTW!

Scott S.
Scott E. Sanburn-> ssanburn@cleanweb.net
Systems Administrator/CAD Operator-Affiliated Engineers ->
http://www.aeieng.com
Home Page -> http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/index.html