  *78425 (-20)
  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) I think it is right. However, I respect your right to have what ever views on whatever issues you want. In my view, there is nothing worse than somebody else imposing their moral values on others. Remember "back to basics"? If people want to (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Part Authoring

(...) I mainly use the LDAO editor for authoring. I find the highlight-CTRL-drag extrememly useful for copying coordinates from one line to another. The dynamic update of the LDLite rendering is invaluable, but on occasions have used MLCad due to (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Crappy Plates!

Dave Schuler <orrex@excite.com> wrote in message news:FM2GBt.3n@lugnet.com... (...) McD (...) QA, (...) abutting (...) Plus they stick them in a bag with hot fries and a burger. Fries right out of the vat are probably hot enough to warp Lego. I got (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Tilt

Old pinball machines do indeed use a pendulum and ring arrangement to detect tilt. (They also have a ball on a track that rolls toward the back if the front of the machine is lifted up.) The only trick with constructing such with MindStorms (this is (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: LEGO Star Wars Show (?)

(...) In dezelfde site, onder "Boek van Sinterklaas" (je moet verder kijken dan je neus lang is :-) Donderdag 11 november begint in Utrecht in winkelcentrum Hoog Catharijne bij Vroom en Dreesman op de 2e verdieping de LEGO Star Wars Show. Daar is (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.nl)

  Re: Brick variations (was Re: Part variation noted)

(...) <SNIP> Yes they do. It gets very annoying when building with old 1970's bricks. I know, because I have over 100,000 bricks from before 1980. When I built my new red LEGO Cathedral, I took pains (and pain is the correct word here) to make sure (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Postage prices???

Buy the set. Mail it to me. I'll take it to the post office. You'll have it in 3-4 weeks (depending on Xmas). The cost would be ~$33 for insured shipping. I get my shipping costs from: www.parcelforce.com. The cost of shipping two this way would be: (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  RE: Tilt

Ok, here's another idea. I just ordered my first rotation sensor...and note that I do not know the details of this sensor yet. Would it be possible to attach a pendulum to the rotation sensor and use it to measure the amount of angle? If so, you (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Curious thick white gear with the slipping hub

The white gear should be packaged and sent to: Doug Wilcox 30 George Street Brockton, MA 02302 :) (I keep trying ...) --Doug Wilcox WordSmith Digital Document Services 403 VFW Drive Rockland, MA 02370 781-871-6162 fax 781-871-6264 (URL) 24868783 - (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Old Parts replaced by Newer Versions?

(...) For this piece, the only measuring gear you need is some LEGO pieces. Check to make sure the diameter & positioning of the clip is the same on both the old and new pieces, and (assuming they are the same) modify the original file. The current (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Tilt (fwd)

----- Forwarded message from Pete Hardie ----- Date: Wed, 01 Dec 1999 08:40:21 -0500 Subject: Re: Tilt (fwd) From: Pete Hardie <pete.hardie@dvsg.sciatl.com> (...) But if the contacts are on top and bottom of the tube, the bubble will separate them (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Good Trader List proposed

(...) Actually, I'd rather like the idea of a comprehensive list, rather than an exclusively bad or exclusively good list. For example, let's say Joe X. is a "bad" trader. Suppose 14 people have dealt with Joe and have all gotten burned. If he (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Polybags

(...) I need to reverse my trade deficit so I can use up the packing I'm saving. I have no need to save polybags for packing... (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.fun.crafts)

  RE: Tilt

(...) As one who collects pinball machines (I have 10 now), you are refering to a plumb-bob tilt mechanism that is in use on the newer pins. (...) Right. There is a metal rod to which the plumb-bob is attached (a solid metal cone shaped item) and a (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  LEGO Star Wars Show (?)

Ook gezien op: (URL) vraag: "Waar wordt de grote LEGO Star Wars Show gehouden?" Of ben ik ook hiervoor te laat? -- Greetingz... Sjaacko (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.nl)

  Received my RIS 1.5 Upgrade Kit

Hi, FYI...I received my RIS 1.5 Upgrade Kit form S@H Canada on Monday...about 2 weeks after ordering it. It was free and I didn't even pay S/H. The postage on the box was about $3.45 (Can.). Nice surprise, since I figured it would be months in (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Gratis LEGO tegen inlevering van Airmiles bij V&D

Misschien een beetje laat... nog tot 3 december (denk ik) Gelezen op (URL) Welkom in het pakjesparadijs van de Sint. Sinterklaas heeft enkele hele speciale cadeau's op een rijtje gezet. Neem snel een kijkje! V&D is geopend op de volgende extra (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.nl)

  Re: Crappy Plates!

(...) At the two McD's I checked out, the promo sets were kept in a bid abutting the heated food-transfer chute. Dave! (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What colors do bricks come in?

(...) Alien vomit yellow (as opposed to beer yellow, the color of classic space canopies). Just kidding. "Antifreeze" seems to be one of the most common appelations. In our household we call it "vidalin," after the name of a brand of liquid vitamins (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  MindStorm competitions (rcx on univ.)

Hi there, Has anybody list of universities where the MindStorm is used? I`m looking specially for research areas, where RCX (or RCXes) are used as part of complex system (and this is controlled by neural net, evol. alg. or something like this). I (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

Skipped 2 messages in group lugnet.off-topic.fun (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact