  *73250 (-20)
  Re: Multitasker and MARKER word

Hi Ralph, (...) There is present automatic detection in XMODEM protocol group (they are three XMODEM, XMODEM/CRC and XMODEM-1k). But difference comparing to YMODEM and ZMODEM is bigger. Simply because XMODEM transfers only a raw data, but YMODEM and (...) (25 years ago, 14-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: LUGNET Memberships

(...) Ooops, I take that back -- I'll have to make the change, otherwise it's a "chicken and the egg" paradox because your info might not get to you via post without a complete address. :) You can just respond to this post and mail me the country (...) (25 years ago, 14-Nov-99, to lugnet.people)

  AT-PT comparison shot

Here is a comparison shot of the video game image. (URL) J (...) (25 years ago, 14-Nov-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: 128 stud truss bridge (ldraw)

(...) I added them last night, andput it in a scene. darn povray takin to long to render. started at 1000 last night. its 1100 morning. still parsing. file to big. ive added a povray render of the bridge onlyat my main lego page (25 years ago, 14-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LUGNET Memberships

(...) No, that would create a second event in the applications log. (...) I would say, simply just wait until you get the info/password that lets you edit your personal info, and then you can easily make the edit directly yourself. :) (...) It's not (...) (25 years ago, 14-Nov-99, to lugnet.people)

  Re: LUGNET Memberships

(...) Yeah, I know. :) Some people might, though. I'd just hate to see anyone rush through it, so I thought it was worth pointing out. :) --Todd (25 years ago, 14-Nov-99, to lugnet.people)

  Save image in pbForth (without any save-supporting code)

Hi Ralph, It appears to be a quite easy task - to save the pbForth image without SAVE- SYSTEM support. Only thing you need to do is to define a marker before you will upload the “save” words: MARKER end_of_image [ upload SAVE-SYSTEM support ] After (...) (25 years ago, 14-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Technic air-dampers

I opened the wing doors on my super car today only to find that one air damper had shattered internally and would not operate. I inspected the other one and those on 8446 and 8447 and found they too were broken, but not to the point of not working. (...) (25 years ago, 14-Nov-99, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: 6.270 course at MIT

(...) I don't believe it is a kit, in the sense that you can buy it- IIRC, it was custom built by a company in the Boston area. Ah- here is the link- (URL) to this new solution (which is powerful enough to run NetBSD) they used the handyboards, (...) (25 years ago, 14-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Where to begin ?

David Johnston wrote in message ... (...) would (...) gears, (...) and (...) I agree with Arjen. The Technic Space Shuttle is an excellent set. (URL) you cannot find it locally... LEGO S@H (1-800-453-4652) has it for $158 (shipping INCLUDED), or (...) (25 years ago, 14-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: LUGNET Memberships

(...) I'm guessing that that information is in the acknowledgement email that is sent to you after your form has been processed... ? But I don't have mine yet, so I can't tell you! Richrd (25 years ago, 14-Nov-99, to lugnet.people)

  RE: Multitasker and MARKER word

Sergey, (...) Never mind my last message. I can see you store the actual task chain in the definition of MARKER and then restore the task chain correctly. WOW! I think pbForth is on the cusp of respectability now! Cheers, Ralph Hempel - P.Eng (...) (25 years ago, 14-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: LUGNET Memberships

Where do you mail the membership fee to and who should it be made payable to? KL (...) (25 years ago, 14-Nov-99, to lugnet.people)

  RE: Multitasker and MARKER word

(...) WOW! This is great Sergey! I haven't had a close look, but are you actually taking ALL of the tasks out of the list, or just the ones defined AFTER the point in the dictionary that is being restored by MARKER ? (...) Thanks for the kind words. (...) (25 years ago, 14-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Throwbot (Slizer) gearboxes

I just caved and bought a couple of Throwbots (Granite and Ski) for the kids. Now I'm jealous. The gearbox in Granite would be super for gantry robots. I think that a two-plate built up beam with gear racks on it could be run through the box. This (...) (25 years ago, 14-Nov-99, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Multitasker and MARKER word

Hi Ralph, Here are my results regarding MARKER and multitasker problem: small additional code in MARKER word could do the trick. It was even easier then I though: you don’t need to put tasks in the “sleep” mode. Just remove them from the task chain (...) (25 years ago, 14-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: No trains in 2000!!!!!!

(...) Calm down Tobias! There is a train in teh 2000 catalog Kevin scanned, it's the 4561. All the rest of the train line is in the "Lego Direct" leaflet that he also scanned. All that means is that TLG sells only the 4561 in stores in No America, (...) (25 years ago, 14-Nov-99, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Imperial Armada 6280 -- rare find these days?

There are a lot of them here in Vancouver, too. There are also a lot on eBay, so if you're looking at them as an investment you'll need to sit on them for a while. OTOH, if you just want them because they are cool, why are you waiting? Kevin (25 years ago, 14-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 6.270 course at MIT

Barbara Nostrand writes: > For that matter, what is the current state of putting Linux up on > the RCX? I recall seeing about half a year ago that someone was > trying to put Linux on the RCX. It was a joke. With only 64Kbytes, I don't think even (...) (25 years ago, 14-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  No trains in 2000!!!!!!

Aaargh, just when I want to build my own town I see that there´s no trains in the 2000 catalogue! Stupid TLG, discontinue the trains when I want them so baad! Now I´ll have to buy them in auctions and stuff. I´d better buy a *lot* of track and all (...) (25 years ago, 14-Nov-99, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

Skipped 1 message in group lugnet.off-topic.test (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact