 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 190
RE: Multitasker and MARKER word
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Sun, 14 Nov 1999 18:26:00 GMT

Hi Ralph,

Here are my results regarding MARKER and multitasker problem: small additional
code in MARKER word could do the trick. It was even easier then I though: you
don’t need to put tasks in the “sleep” mode. Just remove them from the task
chain and they will never get the chance to continue...

WOW! This is great Sergey! I haven't had a close look, but are you actually taking
ALL of the tasks out of the list, or just the ones defined AFTER the point in the
dictionary that is being restored by MARKER ?

Read your “opening remarks” recently, great speech, Ralph!

Thanks for the kind words. I guess I'll have to get the mazewalker words cleaned up
so I can post them without shame.

On the XMODEM side, I think that even a ZMODEM program will "fall back"
to XMODEM. Is this true? I'd really like to use CRT for evrything under Win9x
because it even has a "keepalive" string I can send to the RCX. I'll
have to play a bit.

Finally, what do you vote for in terms of a minimal system? I was thinking of
tearing almost everything optional out of the kernel and only using about 30
core words, since that's all most folks ever use in an application.

I'll have to check and see how the words are cross-referenced to see how minimal
I can make it all.

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbFORTH>