  *70223 (-20)
  Communication with PC using NQC

Hi all! Having a touch of flu, I might be asking a FAQ here... if so, sorry. How can the RCX communicate with the PC, except by SendMessage? The Spirit.ocx has the Poll functionality to ask for RCX state - is there any similar stuff in NQC? And are (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Another sickening Ebay auction - 1775 for $50 STARTING bid

(URL) starting bid?!? Can someone without an Ebay account email the bidder (mwdcitguru@compuserve.com) and let him know where he can get it, currently in stock, much cheaper? The auction ends in 12 hours. (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  GEEZ, can we report this guy for theft?

(URL) ONLY way he got ahold of one of these is by STEALING it from a store or warehouse, as the drawings don't end for quite some time. This sickens me. (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Wild West ?!

(...) the indian sets didn't sell well at all.. and i'm not surprised. they're rather ugly sets, even though they do have some cool parts. the other sets sold pretty well, i think, given that they were a bit overpriced to start out with. (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  OZAFOL's unite!!

Hi Ho all you OZAFOL's across this big brown flat mysterious crazy country. I've noticed that the loc.au section of LUGNET is slowing down (as is evident by alot of "Is anyone out there?" single post threads. I thought it might be nice to do a small (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Trading Lego

Daniel - search on Lugnet for my name and "US AND S@H", and you'll find many postings from me offering to do this for people. As for the safest way, using LarryP's Factoring Service works best for me, when I am not trading actual sets. I'm all full (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Theme longevity? (Was: Wild West ?!)

(...) My thought is that the Adventurers more or less replaced the pirates (Much to every AFOL chagrin). I expect them to do a pirate length run, if they remain popular. My guess is that we will always have the three large themes (castle, town, and (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: G'Day!

(...) Hi Ho all you Sydney AFOL's (and anyone else across this big brown flat mysterious crazy country). I feel very traitorous as I have been neglecting the lugnet.loc.au posts in favour of the lugnet.starwars and other more frequented posts. Big (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd)

  Re: LEGO RCX Skydivers

(...) One might recall the old engineering class competition (MIT? somewhere else?) that involves dropping a protected egg some distance onto a hard surface or the one where the egg is catapulted. In any case, if one presumed that an egg was at (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: JPL engineer needs help with space instr. model

(...) Are you talking about modeling the MISR Terra Spacecraft out of Lego? (...) Unless the scale is really out of control, I would guess that it could be done pretty cheaply - unless you wanted to motorize it and use Mindstorms. (...) I would (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.build)

  Re: FOTW Knight Lords Castle parted out

24 of the castle windows just went for $25.00 on eBay (item #186071574). The previous time I saw them I think they went for more. Also, the long grey arches and the giant black columns are probably desirable-- especially since they are bagged (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.general)

  Windows wanted

I need the following: Gray 1x4x3 Sloped 2-pane windows with blue glass (from 6597 Century Skyway). (need 3 of these) Black 1x4x2 Train windows with gray bar inserts (from 1786 Jailbreak Joe). (need 2 of these) I'm offering $4 each for the gray (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  FS: Speed Regulator and curve track from 4561

I am selling the Speed Regulator and 16 pieces of 9V curve train track. First one to offer $33 gets it delivered Priority Mail w/in USA. -Mike (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  USB tower?

I recall rumors many months back of a USB tower. Any more news? --- Andrew (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  (canceled)

  6000 Idea Book sticker scans?

Can someone who owns a 6000 Idea book please scan parts of the sticker sheets at 600/1200dpi (OPTICAL, not interpolated - 1200dpi would be better, my printer does 1200dpi) and email them to me? Please put a ruler next to them, so I can guarantee (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Problem setting up nqc/ RcxXX

Hi, I'm running an NT 4 SL 5 machine and tried to install nqc (202). If I try to translate the test program and send it to the rcx I always get: C:\Carsten\nqc>nqc -d test.nqc Downloading Program:error Problem talking to IR device I tried both (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Our Trip to the LEGO Store...

Mark Herzberg wrote in message ... (...) of (...) According to my mom (from one of the people she works with), the store at Potomac Mills Mall (Dale City, Virginia vacinity) is reportedly already open. My parents are supposed to check it out this (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: JPL engineer needs help with space instr. model

Wow! that's quick! (...) Actually, I would not know. JPL is one of many NASA centers, and there are 6000 employees at JPL with hundreds of projects and no chat rooms like this, to be sure. Legos have been used to build rovers and stuff for kids as (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.build)

  Re: My Lego Obsession & Philosophy

Laura- Next time you see your mom, give her a great big hug and thank her for encouraging you. During one of my husband's internships, he worked with a female engineer from Sweden who was *beaten* by her father when she tried to play with Lego as a (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

Skipped 3 messages in groups lugnet.admin.statistics, lugnet.off-topic.debate (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact