  *68511 (-20)
  Re: lego Technic "class"

(...) Generally not. I've built robotic platforms that use a pair of motors to drive the wheels so that the robot can move "straight" or turn in place. I've found that the motors typically have large variations in speed that make the robot veer to (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.edu, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: more on McDonalds promo sets

Warning: Negativity follows. (...) Hmm. Well, lest anyone think I was off my rocker when I said that getting these things could be hit or miss... I went to a McDonald's last night. I was there for one thing and one thing only- Lego sets. I cased the (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.promo)

  Re: Lego Airplane #1775 Arrives!

(...) Where can you get this set? I got the one from S@H, mistakenly thinking it had real windows.... (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.town)

  Slave1 .dat posted

I posted my best guess at Slave 1 in cad.dat.models.sets. Take a look and feel free to give feedback. Jeff Stemble also posted a .dat of the same thing, with more internal work. -John Van (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Different fonts in webpages

(...) Be careful with that -- few good fonts are freely redistributable. (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: more on McDonalds promo sets

(...) i think so too. All I can think is that folks must want the crazy colors. Chris (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.promo)

  Re: more on McDonalds promo sets

(...) Why so much interest in these? They look like junk to me. (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.promo)

  Re: more on McDonalds promo sets

Ray Sanders wrote in message <3819E516.24240036@gate.net>... (...) This must be franchise dependent as the two McD's I have queried so far priced them at $1.69 plus tax. When a Hamburger Happy Meal costs $1.99 it is hard to buy these w/o the food. (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.promo)

  Re: lego Technic "class"

(...) I had a chance to play with Todd's creation for awhile. It was really cool! (The best part was the 20-foot control tether that he made so that it could be operated from a balcony high above.) I thought the controller was cool too -- to get the (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.edu, lugnet.technic)

  Robotics demo

Hiya all, While it was a bummer not going to Mindfest, what I did do was a robotics demo at a local SF convention in Denver. I had 6 robots there with me. Four DIY types (one used LEGO pneumatics for a scoop) a Parallax BoE-Bot and a Mindstorms kit. (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Engine Speed Regulation

An otto and a diesel are different things. An otto is not reversible without a lot of thought about how to get the spark timing right. (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.trains)

  Re: RELEASE: LegoSim -- another LegOS Simulator

Cool! I'll add this to the HOWTO when I do the 0.2.0 update. Are there any plans on the horizon for either emuLegOS or LegOSim to update to 0.2.0 anytime soon? Luis (...) ###...### Profanity is the one language that all programmers understand. (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: more on McDonalds promo sets

I got ten each of #1 and #2 today at 99 cents. I suspect it IS franchise dependent. I hope to complete a set of 10 each of all 8 and I will be allocating some of the ten to my factorees, one complete set each. I doubt I will have any left for non (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.promo)

  Re: I wonder where he got the scans from?

I agree with you but I would hasten to point out that we nevertheless should help protect the brand if we can. TLG may well throw the baby out with the bathwater and come after Kev in a misguided attempt to shut others down. We know well that there (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Diana's train auction, update 10

No updates during the weekend!!! Welcome to Diana's train auction Updates are emailed to all bidders and anybody requesting to be on the mailing list. set condition varies. n = new in box. b = used with box and instructions. u = used with (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: I wonder where he got the scans from?

(...) true. (...) What do you mean my "monitor quality?" I think "observe activity" would be a better choice of words. It also allows them the opportunity to use the resource themselves. It would take them an enormous effort and expense to create an (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Next meeting of the Northern Virginia Lego Train Club

Oops, I forgot to post this to Lugnet.trains! Anyways, here it is: (...) Jeff NOVALTC Website: < (URL) > (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.loc.us.md, lugnet.loc.us.va, lugnet.loc.us.dc)

  Re: First Lego 2000 Sighting

(...) Actually, are the two images at the bottom of this page new????? I think the new combined (EP1 and original) Star Wars Lego logo is new. The actual minifig scale sets for star wars appear to be 7144 and I can't read the other number... What I (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.technic)

  more on McDonalds promo sets

I went to two McDonalds today. At the first one I bought a happy meal. When I got outside to the car, I looked inside the bag and boy was I happy. They put two #1s in the bag. The second McDs sold me another #1 for a dollar. The second store had a (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.promo)

  Re: 7144 Slave 1 (pre-release guess)  [DAT]

(...) Well, Here it is, complete with some internals and a ramp. I am 95% sure on all colors and exterior pieces, except for the ramp and the Dark Gray 1x3s. Jeff "Mmmm!! Strawberry Soda!" 0 7144 Boba Fett's Slave 1 0 Name: Slave1.dat 0 Author: Jeff (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact