  *565413 (-20)
  Re: N&W J-class steam locomotive

(...) ... (...) And thank you Tony, like Cale you are too kind. The cylinders are rigidly fixed with the drivers (well, there's a little slop), so the whole unit rotates together. The hard part was making it small and sturdy. The end result works, (...) (16 years ago, 15-Nov-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: N&W J-class steam locomotive

(...) ... (...) Thank you Cale, you're too kind. I just wish I was at BW long enough to get a decent photo of our two N&W engines side by side. Indeed, I plan on featuring shots of the running gear off of the locomotive in the forthcoming RB (...) (16 years ago, 15-Nov-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 7896 "Straight and Curved Rails" Set Review

(...) The review might have been a little too dead pan if the folks at Lego lurking these dark halls take it seriously. I suspect it was purely SKU's, since most children getting the set would already have a small oval in hand, a ton of curves (...) (16 years ago, 15-Nov-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Post your bogie/truck designs

(...) --snip-- (...) It's annoying enough when you forget to post in a relavent thread, it's even more annoying when you started the thread... Another design from me at (URL). Tim (16 years ago, 15-Nov-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: POV-Ray wont work with Vista

(...) I have POVray 3.6 running perfectly on my Vista machine (have you tried installing that one?). LPub 4.X has no problems either. Nor does the latest LDview or most other LDraw related programs I've tried (a few part authoring tools break the (...) (16 years ago, 15-Nov-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Technic based bogie experiment

(URL) Hi all, When looking at some of (URL) Swoofty>'s excellent bogie designs I realised that studless technic could be a great way to create smaller and more 'realistic' bogies than regular system bricks. This is my first attempt and, while I've (...) (16 years ago, 15-Nov-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: POV-Ray wont work with Vista

(...) When I heard about the Vista announcement, the first thing I did was buy 4 new copies of XP pro, but I guess ignoring Vista isn't so good over the long run. I'll have to get Vista and run it under Sun's Virtual Box, running on my x86 Mac and (...) (16 years ago, 14-Nov-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: New 2009 sets at Toys-R-Us!

(...) I stopped at TRU in Cool Springs (Nashville), TN area and found the following Pirates sets and prices: 6239 Cannon Battle $5.99 6240 Kracken Attackin' $9.99 6241 Loot Island $19.99 6253 Shipwreck Hideout $39.99 Note that 6253 appears to be a (...) (16 years ago, 14-Nov-08, to lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates)

  Var det någon som var...

Var det någon som var och såg någon av visningarna av brickfilmer på Uppsala Short Film Festival? /Johan (16 years ago, 14-Nov-08, to lugnet.loc.se)

  Re: Var är fotona från LEGO-träffen?

(...) Ja, var-var-var-var!? Vi som inte var där vill ju veta var enda liten detalj av träffen. :P /Johan (16 years ago, 14-Nov-08, to lugnet.loc.se)

  Re: LEGO Powered Boat Race

(...) Speaking of which... I didn't have time to build it, but I was thinking about attaching this: (URL) my boat; modifying the tires to be some type of paddle-wheel type of construction. :) Alas, I had other building I needed to get done for our (...) (16 years ago, 14-Nov-08, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.boats)

  Re: New Holland LS150 Skid Steer Loader

(...) Yep, I pulled the bulldozer apart for the motors, transmitters etc. I'm putting in my Christmas order for a Technic set with some PF linear actuators, just to see what they are like. I would really like to see TLG come up with a PF (...) (16 years ago, 14-Nov-08, to lugnet.technic)

  New 2009 sets at Toys-R-Us!

I dropped by a Toys-R-Us this morning in VA and saw several new Pirates sets and two new Creator sets that up to now I have only seen in leaked catalog scans on Brickshelf. I don't remember the exact names/numbers for the Pirates, but they had the (...) (16 years ago, 14-Nov-08, to lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: LEGO Powered Boat Race

"Brian Davis" <brdavis@iusb.edu> wrote in message news:KAC4K5.8yI@lugnet.com... (...) I was thinking... "More Power!! ungh ungh ugnh" (16 years ago, 14-Nov-08, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.boats)

  Re: LEGO Powered Boat Race

(...) Fair enough... you mean one where you can use modified bricks for water-tight enclosures? I really would love to move into the even riskier option of true submarines... Or do you mean the modified *combat* class, that allows (nay, encourages!) (...) (16 years ago, 14-Nov-08, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.boats)

  Re: POV-Ray wont work with Vista

(...) I just have googled a little bit and it seems to me that maybe different version of the Microsoft C++ Librarys cause the error. Please see (URL) or also search for your error code. As I do not have vista I can not help more. cu mikeheide (16 years ago, 14-Nov-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LEGO Powered Boat Race

(...) I'll patiently wait for the modified class... *evil grin* -Rob www.brickmodder.net (16 years ago, 14-Nov-08, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.boats)

  Re: LEGO Powered Boat Race

(...) Thanks - like you said, simple sometimes tends to be a good approach, and while I only had the red hulls there wasn't a lot of mass budget to "overbuild". (...) That I *completely* understand. I just haven't had the luxury of a warm pool to (...) (16 years ago, 14-Nov-08, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.boats)

  Re: POV-Ray wont work with Vista

(...) As my earlier post stated: I can not get POV-Ray to work with Windows Vista. I also can not get LPub4 to work either. I get the following error message: Create Process Failed; code 14001 The application has failed to start because of its (...) (16 years ago, 14-Nov-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Någon som har...?

(...) Jag var medveten om att det var fel skala men tänkte att det ändå kunde vara lite kul. Här har du lite mer om 6:1 skalan, jag tror inte LDraw grejorna är ute ännu. (URL) Micke (16 years ago, 14-Nov-08, to lugnet.loc.se, FTX)

Skipped 3 messages in group lugnet.admin.statistics (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact