 CAD / 15669
Re: POV-Ray wont work with Vista
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 14 Nov 2008 03:57:53 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Jim DeVona wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Jaco van der Molen wrote:

I am running Lpub Version:   2.3.0.10
Is there a way to fix this problem? or is there another way to make
renderings without using POV-Ray?

I don't think there is another free program to do that.

I would *highly* recommend LPub version 4 (4.0.0.1, to be precise) using
LDView as the renderer.
http://www.kclague.net/LPub4.htm
Jim

Agreed if Justin wants to create building instructions.
But I think he wants to render his models.
If so, I'd recommend not using LPub, but L3P and Add on to convert to POV
Ray and render manually.

I am interested in creating building instructions, but I would also like a
nice rendering that I will edit in Photoshop for the front box cover. I
have used an  older version of Lpub and POV-Ray before on my computer with
windows XP, so I am only interested in using those programs because I am
familiar with them.  I would consider using other programs if there is not
much of a learning curve.
I will try installing the latest version of LPub, but I still need a high
quality rendering.

Use LPub 4 with LDView or LDGLite for the building instructions.
Use L3P and L3PAddOn for creating the POV file for rendering.
I'd also recommend making 2 model files. One for building instructions and one
of the whole model for rendering you box cover.

As my earlier post stated: I can not get POV-Ray to work with Windows Vista.  I
also can not get LPub4 to work either.  I get the following error message:

Create Process Failed; code 14001
The application has failed to start because of its side-by-side configuration is
incorrect.  Please see the application event log for more detail.

I have several other programs that I can not get to run on Windows Vista that
work fine on Windows XP.  I am close to the point of removing Vista from my
computer and installing Windows XP.

Has anyone else had these problems and were able to find a solution?  I would
really like to know becuase changing operating systems is a big pain.

Thanks
Justin