 General / 55016
Re: New 2009 sets at Toys-R-Us!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates
Date:
Fri, 14 Nov 2008 19:11:37 GMT

In lugnet.general, Matthew Raehl wrote:
I dropped by a Toys-R-Us this morning in VA and saw several new Pirates sets and
two new Creator sets that up to now I have only seen in leaked catalog scans on
Brickshelf. I don't remember the exact names/numbers for the Pirates, but they
had the desert island set, the raft set, and a very small set, something like
"cannon battle." The Creator sets were the green car (6743) and the yellow plane
(6745, I think it was "Propeller Plane"). Anyone heard anything about this? I
wasn't expecting to see these sets so soon.

I stopped at TRU in Cool Springs (Nashville), TN area and found the following
Pirates sets and prices:

6239 Cannon Battle $5.99
6240 Kracken Attackin' $9.99
6241 Loot Island $19.99
6253 Shipwreck Hideout $39.99

Note that 6253 appears to be a TRU exclusive.

I do not recall seeing any other sets that seems to be 'new'.