 Pirates / 4589
4588  |  4590
Subject:
New 2009 sets at Lego Brand (was: New 2009 sets at Toys-R-Us!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Thu, 11 Dec 2008 02:48:07 GMT

In lugnet.general, Matthew Raehl wrote:
I dropped by a Toys-R-Us this morning in VA and saw several new Pirates sets and
two new Creator sets that up to now I have only seen in leaked catalog scans on
Brickshelf. I don't remember the exact names/numbers for the Pirates, but they
had the desert island set, the raft set, and a very small set, something like
"cannon battle." The Creator sets were the green car (6743) and the yellow plane
(6745, I think it was "Propeller Plane"). Anyone heard anything about this? I
wasn't expecting to see these sets so soon.

The Lego brand store in Burlington, MA also has a few sets from the new pirate
line as of this week.  I happened to be in the area, decided to buy some
Christmas gifts for my best friend's kids.  Honest!  I had no intention of
spending more money on myself... can't... resist... more... pirates...

Uh, actually from what I saw the new series looks decent.  Definitely something
that will blend easily with earlier sets of the theme - something I didn't
expect given the direction other themes have gone in relation to their heritage.
So I'm sure I will buy more... I mean... not that I bought anything already...
certainly not the big $100 ship... no, no... it's for the children......

:)

-H.