  *377061 (-20)
  brickRC - A gnome based, LNP using remote control/monitor app for the RCX

Hi, thanks to this group I got LNP working quite nicely. To get my fingers warm I wrote a little app to remote control the RCX with Linux. It also allows to monitor the input ports. It's quite usefull when you build a model and want to check the (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: OFW IV "WolfSpyder" and the FCS ESAT "SpyderNest"

Nice job on the Hardsuits! I like your use of the handlebar piece on the chest. The transport is also cool, looks very chunky. (22 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.build.military, lugnet.space)

  Re: MOC: German WWII halftrack and armoured car

(...) Bulls***. Read up on the First World War and come back with an informed opinion. That war saw levels of brutality and raw horror currently unmatched in any modern conflict. And both LEGO planes mount machine guns. (...) Why should we "follow (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.military)

  Re: Ad for Tony :-)

Blushing Paul thanks man. Well shut me down! I never looked at the rollcall before! I just thought it was a link to message string, not a list! Shows you how much I pay attention! out (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: OFW IV "WolfSpyder" and the FCS ESAT "SpyderNest"

You are not allown in that thought about the PotMHaPiaM. (nice acronym huh?) Most people think of it as cheating :^) I do too, I just like to cheat and I like the Cheat! (if you have no clue who the Cheat is, you need to check out this site (URL) a (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.build.military, lugnet.space)

  Re: OFW IV "WolfSpyder" and the FCS ESAT "SpyderNest"

Thank You Gil. You guessed right about the Pop Sci issue! It has sort of been my encyclopedia for my new creations. Most of the info I interpreted and rewrote it in my own style from that great source. I also found several informative websites (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.build.military, lugnet.space)

  Re: Parts Tracker Email Notification System

(...) Hi, I am notified simply because I have reviewed (not have been reviewed), that is a little too much, isn't it? Thanks to busy admins, Damien (22 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Review of 2942 Explore Logic (Duplo) Play House

Set #: 2942 Theme: Explore Logic (Duplo) Play House Set name: Play House (a bit unimaginative) URL: (URL) 3-6, 89 pieces, 4 figures. (C) 2000, no instruction manual. Price Range: US$70 on Shop@Home, bought retail in Australia for about A$100. As an (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.reviews, lugnet.duplo)

  The good, the bad and the ring (WAS: LoTR: The Two "Towers")

(...) Just curious. Was this a throw-away comment, or did you really find the visuals to be that bad? And were there particular continuity errors you noticed? After watching hours of the behind-the-scenes stuff, and knowing how they did it (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Ad for Tony :-)

howD, i jus wanna say, i finally looked thru tony knaak's site lots of great stuff there i must say AND tony, contact j0n to get your site on the .space RollCall page, plz :-D -p (22 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: LoTR: The Two "Towels"

(...) If the Nine are as bad as everyone fears, then why would anything short of Sauron's will stop them from grabbing the Ring while they had the chance? At the end of the scene in the book I was left with the sense that they left solely so that (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: MOC: SW Hoverbikes - Third wave

Hey! Never knew you were a fellow north of 49n'er! Indeed...the bbq with trim would suit it perfectly. I was considering naming the pilot Rick Mercer to see if any countrymen would pick up on it. I was kinda hoping you would do some SW (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: MOC: SW Hoverbikes - Third wave

You should still do one! Got to see some more stuff from the one who started it all! Yes, we Canucks are a stange and sordid lot...much like the northern wooded owls we call our friends in our large mansions made of snow and zambonied ice shavings. (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: OFW IV "WolfSpyder" and the FCS ESAT "SpyderNest"

even though i don't like the whole pop-off-the-minifig-...ts-a-mecha thing, i have to say here that the carrier is great. first, the skillful use of tiles and studs with a minimum of exposed studs is very masterfully executed. also, the way the body (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.build.military, lugnet.space)

  Samedi 11 Janvier 2003

[ Titres des News ] o Creation: Les pros de la Construction en Allemagne (modele) [ Détails des News ] o Creation: Les pros de la Construction en Allemagne ---...--- Auteur: Le Gnome ( pascal.breard@libertysurf.fr ) @ 02:19 Topic: modele bonsoir à (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.fr)

  Re: MOC: SW Hoverbikes - Third wave

This is an excellent compliment from one who has long mastered the brilliant mini-MOC! Many thanks! -G (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: MOC: SW Hoverbikes - Third wave

Thanks Andrew...from a design point of view, I think it's my favorite as well from these. I have always like that old beater design. Cheers, -G (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Hoverbike: Gladius and pilot; Roman "Warrior" Arcane

"Gil Shaw" <NIXtoradochSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:H8Kr8J.9C2@lugnet.com... (...) I _think_ that's where some of the influence comes from. (...) I second that. Unfortunately unless there's a Bingofest (bingo is the local nickname (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

"John Henry Kruer" <jhkruer@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:H8KKDr.Epn@lugnet.com... (...) Duane thanks you. The bike is supposed to reflect the name. A gladius sword was _supposed_ to punch through armor, shields and was heavy enough to cut apart (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: OFW IV "WolfSpyder" and the FCS ESAT "SpyderNest"

This is really wild stuff Tony. The amount of research that went into this project is obvious from the first look at it. The backstory on the suit and the technology behind it (I'm assuming that was gleaned in part from that Popular Mechanics issue (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.build.military, lugnet.space)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact